Grief

As the remaining Narnian's fought for their lives, Emily was snuck up on by a telmarinian soldier. She was dragged away to the dungeons despite her attempts to escape the man's grasp.

The soldier threw her into the cell, locked the door and walked away without a word.

The Queen backed herself into a corner and waited for what felt like forever but in reality it had only been 2 hours.

2 hours of torture. 2 hours of no Pevensie's. 2 hours of no Peter.

But Emily looked up in hope as a figure came to stand outside her cell. She was severely disappointed to see the dark smile of Miraz staring back at her.

"What do you want with me?", She cried.

"You, Little Queen, are my advantage.", Miraz says simply before leaving her to her own thoughts again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peter was silent the entire walk back to Aslan's How. He refused to meet anyone's eye or utter a word. Everyone noticed, but no one said anything.

They approach the How and Lucy rushes outside to see the army led by Peter and Caspian. She also notices the look on Peter's face, one she has never seen before.

"What happened?", She asks.

"Ask him.", Peter spits looking at Caspian.

"Peter.", Susan warns.

"Me? You could have called it off. There was still time."

"No there wasn‟t thanks to you. If you‟d kept to the plan, those soldiers might be alive right now."

"And, if you‟d just stayed here like I suggested, they definitely would be!"

"You called us, remember?", Peter asks walking back towards Caspian.

"My first mistake."

"No. Your first mistake was thinking you could lead these people."

"Hey!! I am not the one who abandoned Narnia.", Caspian exclaims regaining Peter's attention.

"You invaded Narnia. You have no more right to it than Miraz does! You, him, your father... Narnia‟s better off without the lot of you!"

Caspian shouts, and they both draw their swords.

"Stop it!", Edmund exclaims as Glenstorm sets down an injured Trumpkin.

Lucy runs over and gives him a drop from her cordial. He opens his eyes.

"What are you all standing around for? The Telmarines will be here soon enough."

Lucy smiles at Trumpkin.

"Thank you, my dear little friend.", He says to the girl.

Lucy looks to Edmund, silently asking a question. She feels her heart shatter when he shakes his head with tears in his own eyes.

The exchange doesn't go unnoticed by either of the elder Pevensie siblings. Peter excused himself to his chambers as Susan rushes to be filled in on whatever they are upset about.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peter sits on the edge of the bed, staring at the wall.

He wants to scream and cry and let it all out, but his body won't let him. He sits there, doing nothing until his door opens and all three of his siblings enter the room.

"Peter.", Susan starts and he starts crying immediately.

All three of them rush over to comfort their brother as he grieves over the death of his wife.