The Truth of the Past

Italic: Thoughts/POV changes
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Eddie POV
My eyes widened as I looked at my stomach. My bump was still there.

I can't believe this! I'm still pregnant?!! I'm not upset about it, but what will we tell everyone? This is not good. Not good at all.

Peter quickly ran over to me and before anyone could notice the bump we walked back to our shared room.

"What are we going to do?", I whispered to him.

"I don't know. What are we going to tell my mum?", He asked and I froze up.

His mum. Oh no. She told us from the start that if there was any funny business, she would put on opposite sides of the planet to ensure it never happening again. I can't live without Peter! She going to kill us. Unless...

"Your mum.", I started hyperventilating.

"Sh-she's going to kill us. I'm so sorry Peter. I don't what we're going to do. How am I meant to be a mum? I can barely look after Lucy. I don't know wha-", He kissed me to shut me up.

When he pulled away I sighed.

"Thanks.", I said and he nodded. He knew that I needed to be calm so we could talk this out.

"No one must know yet, ok?", He asked me and I nodded. He held me close.

"It's all going to be ok, in time.", He said before kissing the top of my head.

After a few minutes we sat down on the bed and talked about what we're going to do. We decided to tell Mrs. Pevensie the truth, even if she doesn't believe us we have to at least try.

That evening we went down to dinner and acted as if nothing was wrong at all. We all ate in silence since the Professor and Mrs. Macready were eating with us.

"So children, how was Narnia?", The Professor asked nonchalantly.

We all shared a look and he looked at us with a mischievous grin.

We told him all about our adventures and soon enough it was time for bed. Peter, Edmund and I walked into our room. Mrs. Macready decided I could sleep in their room since I woke everyone up with my screaming when I was away from Peter.

It was the nightmares, they seem to go away when Peter's there. Peter and I climbed into bed, already in our Pajamas. Edmund climbed into his bed shortly after and we went to sleep.

2 Weeks Later....
Third Person POV
Mrs. Pevensie couldn't take not seeing her children anymore, so she went to Professor Kirke's house to surprise them. It was only 5:30 when she arrived and Mrs. Macready was the only one that was awake.

"Helen?", Macready asked.

"Yes. I've come to surprise the children. I couldn't bare not seeing them any longer.", Mrs. Pevensie explained.

Macready laughed.

"They should be up around 6:30.", She said and Mrs. Pevensie nodded. She sat down in the sitting room and worked on knitting her scarves.

The children all walked down the stairs at 6:37 and headed to the dining room. When they walked through the sitting room they saw their mum and they all showered her in hugs and kisses.

Eddie tried to sneak upstairs to put on her more loose fitting clothes, as opposed to her tighter nightgown. However, Mrs. Pevensie caught her and hugged her too. When she pulled away she gasped and Eddie hung her head in shame. Peter ran over and tried to hide his girlfriend behind him, yet his efforts were unsuccessful.

"EMILY JANE EDWARDS!!!!", Mrs. Pevensie shouted causing all the other children to stop their conversations and look towards their mother.

"YOUR PREGNANT? WHO IS THE FATHER?", She continued to yell.

The other children looked at Peter and Eddie in shock only earning sheepish waves and awkward laughs from the couple.

"Mrs. Pevensie, I-I can explain.", Eddie stuttered and Peter placed a comforting hand on her shoulder.

"Follow me.", Mrs. Pevensie seethed at both of them and they walked behind her hanging their heads in shame.

"Explain.", Mrs. Pevensie said simply.

Eddie and Peter told her the truth. They explained everything about Narnia and told her about what happened. Her eyes widened when she heard the word Narnia but Eddie and Peter didn't notice, since they were too scared to look her in the eye. She finally spoke once they finished.

"Narnia?", Is all she said.

"Yes.", Eddie confirmed.

"Eddie, there's something I have to tell you.", Mrs. Pevensie said and Eddie looked at her confused.

"Eddie, as you know your mother and I met when we were ten.", She started and Eddie nodded.

"Well, I never told you where we met.", She continued. Eddie and Peter's eyes widened as they understood what she meant.

"When I was ten, I walked into that very wardrobe and met your mother along with a whole new world of adventure. Your mother and I quickly became inseparable. A few days after I arrived in Narnia we met a young boy, your father. We soon became best friends and it was wonderful. But with the rising threat of the White Witch, we had to flee Narnia. Your parents and I came back to this world and started a normal life. We grew up and they had you. They were so happy, as was I. Your father and my husband were also the best of buds. When you were two they disappeared you know this, but there's something I never told you about that night.", She admitted and Eddie asked what it was.

"Well, you were having a play-date with Peter, while your parents went out for their wedding anniversary. But they never came home that night. When we went back to your house it was wrecked, but I found a messy written note. It told me I had to keep you safe and take you in. It was signed by your mother and I did just that.", Mrs. Pevensie finished and Eddie and Peter stared at her still processing everything they just heard.

"So, your not mad?", Eddie asked and Mrs. Pevensie laughed dryly.

"No. No, I'm not mad at you. I mean, how could I be mad at you for doing what I never could in Narnia?", She asked.

"What are we going to do?", Eddie asked in a whisper.

"We'll sort it out. It's going to be ok, we'll be together. Together forever?", Peter said holding her hand.

"Together forever.", She confirmed as she smiled.

One year later....

The Pevensie's and Eddie all had moved back to England. Eddie had given birth to a beautiful baby girl that they named, Amelia Grace Pevensie.

Even though they were happy, they all missed Narnia dearly and longed to return. But they were sort of patient. All except Peter who was ready to go back to his home, Eddie felt the same way.

At school, her and Peter get many weird looks. But at the end of the day, it's their lives and their both happy.

Shortly after Amelia was born, Peter planned a romantic evening for him and Eddie to get out of the house. He proposed that night, to which she obviously said yes.

They were planning to get married after they finished their last year of High School.