0 | Expecto Patronum

prologue

__________________________________________________

Think of one single very happy memory.

Something that filled her with euphoria. A memory that brought on overwhelming emotions that spilled out into salty tears that dampened her smooth brown skin. A memory that she looked back on every now and then, that brought a sense of comfort for herself in times of great tragedy. Or possibly a memory in which she could escape to whenever the real world get's too hard and she just wanted to stop, freeze time, and go back to the days were things seemed simpler.

Tasia Bellamy could only recall one.

It was towards the last day of her fifth year and it happened to be the last year she would ever see the Marauders strut through the halls with unwavering confidence and swagger that both students admired greatly or envied to an unfair amount. It was the last year the Slytherins would ever have to deal with the annoying bunch and their endless rivalry that's lasted for what seemed like centuries.

Tasia was happy in that moment.

Not for any of the reasons listed above. In fact she quite enjoyed them. While many of her housemates had thought of them as a bunch of prats with heads the size of the sun and brains the size of a Snitch, Tasia found herself with a smile on her face whenever she'd see them accomplish their many pranks with huge goofy and mischievous smiles on their faces. If anything, she was rather glad and happy that this was also the last year for that one Slytherin she often found creepy and unapproachable, even though he's done his best to try and closely associate with her because of her name. Severus Snape—yes, an ugly looking fellow.

Seeing them leave should've been sad, should've been a bit depressing. But instead it was nostalgic as they of course left the castle with a bang.

It had happened while Tasia was slowly dozing off in Transfiguration. There was a sudden boom quickly followed by bright colorful lights coming from outside. Everyone had jumped from their seats to see what it was despite Professor McGonagall's protests and Tasia wasn't the least bit surprised to find that it was the Marauders and their antics once more. In fact, the Professor didn't even seem all that surprised either, as if she expected something like this.

Tasia had been one of the few Slytherins that had gone and followed the bright colorful lights all the way to the Quidditch Pitch. It was quite the dramatic show as she saw two of them flying around in the sky on their brooms—James Potter and Sirius Black she remembered—while the other two—one of them she knew was Remus Lupin—hijacked the commentator stand and played what she could only assume was catchy Muggle music which she later discovered was called "Dancing Queen" by a famous artist in the Muggle-world.

She remembered having a huge smile on her face while watching the fireworks in the sky. She remembered the blushing faces of many of the female students who couldn't keep their eyes off of both the handsome Gryffindors, despite knowing that one of them was taken at the time. She remembered how the song had gotten stuck in her head for the rest of the summer. She remembered having been dragged back to class by unamused professors, but it didn't wipe the smiles off of everyone's faces. She remembered not long after, she had snuck a long teary-eyed goodbye hug with Remus who promised to send her plenty of music records for her to listen to over the summer, wistfully telling her that she would enjoy a Muggle band called Queen and an artist named David Bowie. Tasia did in fact end up enjoying both.