14 | August 17th, 1979

chapter fourteen

__________________________________________________

"Can we be friends?"

A thirteen year old Sirius turned to find a shorter girl with big hazel green eyes staring up at him and a small gap in her teeth as she offered him a friendly grin.

He would've bought the friendly act if not for the green and silver colors she dawned.

Must've been a first year.

He scoffed almost as if the question disgusted him, "Why should I be friends with you? A Slytherin no less?!"

The girl glanced down at her robes, almost as if she forgot which house she was in.

She then looked back up at him and shrugged, "Well...I haven't got a lot of friends so far."

"Can't you make friends with your snake buddies?" James asked, appearing next to Sirius with an annoyed frown.

The young Slytherin shook her head, "No. A lot of them scare me actually. So, I thought, hey," She gestured towards Sirius, "this guy looks nice enough. Why not be friends with him?"

"What about him screams nice to you?" Remus asked, although he was more amused compared to the other two who kept sending the girl suspicious looks. He then smiled kindly towards her, "What's your name?"

"Tasia Bellamy—"

Sirius shuddered, "Ugh, then I definitely don't want to be your friend. Those Bellamys are no better than the rest of the pureblood families!"

"The answer's no, snake. Run along now." James waved her off, already completely bored of the conversation.

Tasia's face fell but she nodded, "Oh, sorry then." And to their surprise, she simply walked away disappearing back inside, completely unlike a Slytherin if they've ever seen one.

Remus turned to the two with a glare, "You didn't have to be mean to the poor girl. She's not Snape, you know."

"Probably was sent by him for all we know." James shrugged. "Which reminds me, I ought to get him back for trying to embarrass me on the train. The slimy git."

"She's a first year. I highly doubt she even knows who Snape is." Remus pointed out with a roll of his eyes.

"Whatever you say, Moony. Ooh! I know! Why don't we sneak toads into his dorm? No doubt they'll have trouble sleeping, especially with that test coming up tomorrow in Potions!"

It wasn't Sirius' or even James' proudest moments.

Actually they had been quite immature and horrible to her now that he looked back on it. Sirius didn't know why that memory suddenly came back to him.