21 | A Small World

chapter twenty-one

"I have to say, I much prefer being on the run

"I have to say, I much prefer being on the run." Tasia retorted, watching Andromeda sit near the window as if she were waiting for something. Tasia sat on the couch with her arms crossed and her satchel next to her as usual. "This is a horrible idea, probably the first horrible idea you've ever had. And I really respect you, Andi. Know that this is hard for me to even say."

Andromeda frowned at the window glass, "And I'd much rather you be safe. Is that such a bad thing?"

"But with them of all people?"

Apparently, while Tasia had briefly fallen asleep, Andromeda had sent a message to the Order, telling them that she and Regulus were alive. And now they were waiting for the Order to send members to transfer her and Regulus to a safehouse somewhere in Cornwall.

The problem was, this new development would put a huge hindrance on figuring out how to destroy the horcrux. And quite possibly finding more if there were any. It would also most definitely make it a lot more difficult to use the spells she actually wanted to use since the Order obviously frowned upon using any type of dark magic. Tasia would be controlled and trapped once more.

It's bad enough that she couldn't find a way to trigger her seer abilities or control it somehow, now she would probably be locked in another room, confined there, her every move watched by them.

"They're not your family, Ana." Andromeda suddenly said, causing Tasia to look up at her with a frown. The older witch was already looking at her, sadly at that. She probably saw the thoughts she was thinking appear on her face. While Andromeda knew very little about what went on in Tasia's home life like the others, she always had a suspicion. Had some idea that something wasn't right. Tasia had no clue how she was able to guess or figure it out. She'd hidden it pretty well.

Tasia liked to think she was good with controlling her facial mask. But there was always someone who was able to see through the illusion. Andromeda moved from the window and took the spot next to her on the couch, "They won't hurt you, okay? They want to help and keep the two of you safe."

"Believe me, I'd much rather you stay with us than them." Ted spoke up from his spot in the cushioned chair next to the couch. "But then again, they seem to know a lot more than me and think you're safer with them. Better than running around and being on your own."

"Plus, you'll finally be reunited with James and Sirius. Don't you want to see them?" Andromeda asked gently.

While she was unsure about Sirius, she did truly want to see James and the others. It wasn't like she hated the Order, no it truly wasn't that. And while there was some bad blood between the Gryffindors and Slytherins, she still never gave into all of that rivalry, she never cared for it.

But she couldn't say the same for the others who had a bias towards Slytherins. If not the house she came from, then her name would guarantee to make people give her a second wary glance.