5 | A Party For The Ages!

chapter five

__________________________________________________

July 1st, 1979

"YOU WHAT?!"

Tasia winced at the levels of volume that her aunt had just reached. It wasn't too much of a surprise that a painting could accomplish such a feat. She hears the Fat Lady singing almost every day. And she was a Slytherin.

"If you would let me explain—"

"You've gone bloody insane, haven't you?!" Pandora sputtered, eyes wide with shock. "Well, you certainly didn't inherit that from me!"

"It may sound and look bad but—"

"No shit, Anastasia, you've betrothed yourself to a dead man!"

"Why do you have to make it sound like that?!"

"Because it's bad!"

Pandora Bellamy was too keen for her own good. Tasia didn't want to tell her, in fact she never planned on telling her anything more about the visions she's been having. But somehow, Pandora had managed to convince her to tell her who it was she had seen. It became worse around the time Pandora questioned who she was engaged to. It was like she sensed it, like she sensed Tasia's plan—which she didn't even have. But she got the idea of it.

The older witch shook her head and slumped down into her chair, "You are treading far too close with messing with things, niece. Hell, you could've changed something already without you even knowing!"

Tasia frowned, "I think I would know that—"

"Oh really? So you're the expert at this now, hmm? Tell me, how would you know then?"

"Um—"

"Exactly! You wouldn't know!" Pandora shook her head, "The future is a finicky thing. Who knows what's been altered now!"

Tasia was becoming slightly annoyed. Merlin, she wasn't that stupid. She knew that she shouldn't mess with things she didn't yet understand, she did. For Merlin's sake, she hasn't even done anything yet.

All she did was somehow get linked to Regulus. It's not like she had a vision of him marrying someone else and she knowingly stole him from said other person. That would just be cruel and unfair.

Plus, she didn't even plan to get betrothed to him. It all happened because her nosy wart of an aunt had snooped through her things and she had to lie her way through so that both she and Sirius didn't get into any trouble.

Technically, Tasia never truly planned to interfere with Regulus' fate. Nevermind the fact that she's been kept up all night thinking of possible outcomes of how she would in fact save him from death, even though she knew she was never going to act on such an impossible task.