13 | Pandora's Path

chapter thirteen

__________________________________________________

It wasn't until her family left for a Ministry Ball that Tasia finally darted for the kitchens. It was the type of ball she didn't have to go to, where it was only for Ministry members and their family only. And because they consider her quite the embarrassment, she had decided to make the honorable sacrifice and stay at the manor. It was the first time her mother ever looked pleased.

At around eight in the evening, she was planning on meeting up with Regulus as she planned so they can both go and retrieve the locket. But before then, Tasia had to plan ahead. And one of the things she knew needed to be taken care of was the invisible leash wrapped around her neck.

After searching around to make sure there were no nosey house elves lurking, she began grabbing ingredients for two potions that she planned on brewing. In the kitchen she found ingredients like honeywater, peppermint leaves, mint, and Boom Berry and Horklump juice. She placed all of them on a desk in her room where her cauldron was, which had already been filled up with water.

The next place she went to was her aunt Norma's greenhouse. Now she never actually used it herself, instead she made the house elves plant and take care of everything which Tasia considered a waste of resources and time. Why have a greenhouse if you're not going to use it yourself? Tasia even tried convincing her to give the greenhouse over to her so she could actually use it, but Norma never once budged, saying it was a gift to her from her late mother-in-law. Whom considered Norma her favorite daughter in law, no doubt that must've made her mother's blood boil.

It wasn't hard to get in there either. There were no protective charms or wards on it, it was a simple greenhouse. And of course it was large on the inside compared to its smaller exterior.

There were all kinds of plants alike in this place, all of them healthy and well taken care of, she would be sure to leave a nice treat for the house elves once she was done with her mission. After some time of looking and examining each plant, she had finally found the rest of the ingredients for her two potions and trekked her way back to her bedroom.

Once she pulled her curly hair away from her face and into a low ponytail, she began her brewing.

The first potion she was making was the Wiggenweld Potion. This one had a lot of ingredients to it so thankfully, the greenhouse had everything or else Tasia would have to travel all around England's countryside in search for most of these ingredients.

It was a beginner potion, so it should be easy to make in no time compared to the other one. Tasia had never been too good at Potions but she paid attention enough to pass the class with a well enough grade. She knew the basics such as following instructions, watching until it changed into a certain color, and whatnot. Though it never came out entirely perfect. She hoped that this time around it would cooperate enough with her for her to succeed in her first part.