two.

"the winner for the 'player of the year' award goes to..."

two

@kaiajenner posted

liked by @kendalljenner, @taylorswift @zendaya and 2,567,875 more@kaiajenner would you believe me if i told you these were taken with a self timer?

@kaiajenner would you believe me if i told you these were taken with a self timer?

@marcusrashford no cuz we all know you take shit self timed pictures

^ @kaiajenner go away mashford.

@bellahadid obsessed with you.

^@kaiajenner obsessed with you.

@user1 how is it humanly possible to look like that

@user2 She edits her photos

@user3 i love you.

@user4 Go back to america

@user5 germany suits you ;)

"thank you so much for joining us tonight, kaia. it truly means so much to the entire team that you have travelled all this way for us." edin, dortmund's head coach said to me as we walked through a few corridors to head to the ballroom where the banquet will be held.

"it is honestly my pleasure. i have so far enjoyed every single second of my time here. just a question though. will the entire team be here tonight?" i asked that number 22 still on my mind. "yes the entire team will be of attendance, as well as their significant others. "ok that's good i won't be one of the only females."

it is honestly quite an awkward situation to be put into, i have just met these people and attending this super special event for them, where they are celebrating all the wins and losses of the season, and here i am just showing up having only seen the game play for the first time a couple of hours ago. still, i have made a commitment and i will honour that commitment.

edin and i had already reached the ballroom by now. "i am just going to go to the bar, is there anything you would like?" "an espresso martini thank you." i smiled as the older man headed for the bar.

"kaia!" a voice said from behind me. it was gio. "hi gio." i said smiling and he pulled me in for a hug. "kaia, this is my girlfriend, sofia. sofia, this is kaia." "it is wonderful to meet you kaia" she said smiling warmly at me and also pulling me in for a hug. i loved how these people merely brushed over my family name and were so kind and bubbly all of the time. it was truly heartwarming.

as time went on more people showed up and i was introduced to more people like; marco, mats, julian and nico. as well as their girlfriends. every person was just as kind as the one before.

before we knew it the event had officially begun.

the layout of the ballroom was quite impressive, there were around 20 table of maybe 5 or 6 people for each table. all laid across the room, with a bar and a buffet toward one side of the room.

i scanned the tables trying to find my name tag on the seating plan. i found it and was seated at a table with gio and his girlfriend and julian brandt and his girlfriend, carla. there was also an empty seat at our table, which i thought was quite strange but no one else seemed to give it a second thought.

i made conversation and introduced myself to the others at the table, who made me feel very welcome.

"thank you to everyone who made it tonight, and to everyone who made tonight possible!" edin said introducing the evening, causing the slight chatter in the room to drastically fade away. "now please enjoy the annual borussia dortmund awards evening."

my award was the first award to be given out, so i walked up to the mini stage that they had built into place for the evening. there was a microphone and an envelope sitting on a small stand in the middle. along with the small trophy for the winner.

"the winner for the 'player of the year' award goes to..."

i did a dramatic pause, because i have seen people giving awards on tv too many times to not do one.

just as i was about to speak the double doors at the far end of the room slammed open and in haste a tall man in a tuxedo stormed in.

number twenty-two.

my eyes were glued to the man as he ran over to shake his coaches hand and apologize for being late.

i quickly snapped back to reality and opened the envelope in front of me.

"the winner is..."

"jude bellingham"

i satred at the crowd waiting for someone to come up and collect the award, but no one moved only kept clapping. it was only when i felt someone tap me on the shoulder did i realize the person must have already come up.

number twenty-two. jude bellingham. jude. ohh, thats who marcus was talking about. jude suits him. i love that name.

our eyes locked. his brown ones meeting mine. he was somehow more attractive up close, he was around 6 foot tall maybe 6'1 and had a sharp jawline. the suit he was wearing did wonders for his arm muscles.

he seemed heavily respected throughout the team, due to the intense applause and whistles he was getting for winning. kaia next time do your homework before you go to another country to meet a football team.

his smile was almost contagious, from winning the award. the award.

i handed it over to him and shook his hand, his soft hand. kaia stop that. he probably has a girlfriend. but he showed up alone. what if she just couldn't make it.

he accepted the award and went over and sat at my table, that's why there was a spare seat. everything seems to be making more sense. like the last piece of the jigsaw was now completed.

my cheeks are probably flushed around a hundred shades of red right now. you didn't even hear him speak and you're as flustered as a middle school child when their mother finds out about their 'girlfriend'.

i handed my microphone over back to the next award presenter and made my way back to my seat.

jude bellingham, i look forward to getting to know you better.