6 ~ Sorry Le, but Hailey needs me

I walk to the back of the bus and sit next to Hailey.

"Hailey, what's wrong?"
"Oh hey, nothing is wrong."
"Why are you crying, I know you the best from the whole squad and everyone know that something is wrong. You know you can tell me anything right?"
"Yeah alright, My mom has send me a message with my worst nightmare. My dad got a heart attack and died directly."

I pull her into a hug, and tell her exactly what my mom told me.

"Look Hails, I know it is extremely difficult to loose on of your parents but it happens in life. The only thing you can do is take the days off you need to reset and make him proud with the rest of your career which I know will be a good one, look at the goal you scored today."

She cries into my shoulder, if this is what she needs right I'll let her until she has healed totally. I want her to be the happiest she can be. Even if I need to be her roomie to make sure she is fine, I will. Hailey is my number one priority right now, no matter what Leah thinks of it.

The rest of the bus tour she lays with her head on my shoulder. When we arrive she directly goes into her room. I ask Jonas to talk.

"Jonas, I'm sorry but I need to switch rooms. I need to be there for Hailey, something personal has happened and only I can keep her as a whole."
"Okay fine, but this is the last time. Deal?"
"Fine, as long as I can be there for Hailey right now."

I walk out and pack my bags again. Leah comes in and just hugs me, will she understand? Will she think I like Hailey more?

"Le, I'm sorry but I am changing rooms again. Haikey needs me."
"I already understood that, but will you promise me something?"
"Anything."
"It is only based on friendship right?"
"Of course Le, she is just in a really bad place right now and I am the only one who can sort her."
"This is why I like you so much Eef. You care so much about others, so much that you forget you also exsist."

I smile and give her a hug, then I walk out knowing me and Leah are in a good place. I walk into Hailey's room and sort out my bags. I see her laying on her bed with a picture of her and her dad. I can relate so much she does with when my dad just died. As much as I would like to spend the night with Leah in my arms, I know this is the right move.

"Hails, do you want to come down to eat something? I'm sure everyone would like to see you. If you really don't want I will get you some food so you can eat here. But I will eat in the dining room."
"No it's fine, I need to come otherwise Jonas will ask me questions ans at this point I don't want them yet."
"I understand, but you will have to tell him. He already knows something happened and I told him you will come to him whenever you are ready."
"Yeah I know, I will tell him  tomorrow I think"
"Okay, come on!"

We walk out and go to the dining room. Everyone is already eating, I said they didn't have to wait for us since I didn't even knew if she wanted to eat. We quickly pick some food and sit at the table. I am next to Beth, Hailey is next to Kim. I told Beth to make no jokes so she didn't. After dinner we get up to the room, Hailey reads a book. I am chatting with Leah about general things. It's already 9 o'clock and I'm tires so I got ready for bed. Hailey was already in bed. When I got in, we talked until we fell asleep. It is so nice to have such a good friend, I am proud of her already. Something in her mind changed since she lost her dad, but it makes her only stronger. It is impressive to see.

The next morning we woke up by sun coming into our room. I can clearly see she cried during the night but I don't start about it.

"Slept well?"
"Yeah quite good actually, you?"
"Yeah it was fine. Was thinkin a lot though, but I guess that is normal for me. Oh and make sure you wash your face extra well!"
"You noticed I cried last night?"
"Since you woke up, but it doesn't matter. It is normal, I mean you lost someone who you loved a lot and who loved you a lot."
"Okay, good to know that you know about it."

She walks into the badroom and gets ready. I do to, I wear Leah's sweater and put on my shorts. Hailey walks out and we go downstairs. I walk quickly over to Leah and give her a hug to let her know nothing happened. She smiles at me and points at Hailey to let me know it's okay that I go over to Hailey. I walk over to Hailey. We grab food togheter and talk to the chefs. Later she starts to talk to me.

"You know you and Leah are really cute together do you?"
"Haha you think so? To be honest I don't even know if we end up together. I want us to, but I don't really know her yet."
"Why did you come to my room? You had the chance to be with Leah and get to know her better."
"I told her you were and still are my priority right now. You are my best friend and I know you the best. I knew I am the only one who can hold your broken pieces together. So I want to hold the broken pieces until your ready to be on your own again."
"You really are one of a kind Eef, I'm glad I have you in my life."
"Awww stop it! You are making me cry"

I give her a hug, as she looks into my eyes I see she is really tired.

"How much have you slept last night?"
"Not much I think"
"Try to sleep well tonight, it makes you feel better, trust me."