24 ~ Almost play time

After lunch, everyone went to the field. It had snowed for a few days, and so everyone was busy with a snowball fight. I noticed that Leah was hit in the face, TWICE. Leah also had some decent trows though. She hit Beth in her neck, Mana on the back of her head and, the best one for me, she hit Jonas in his face. Everyone laughed and Le ran for her life back to the lunch room. She arrived a minute later.

"Eef, keep me safe please. I'm in trouble I think." She wispered.
"Ooohh I know, JONAS SHE IS HERE." I screamed outside the window.
"Eef! What are you doing? He'll kill me." She said with a smile, one that I loved the most in life.
"Oh dear I know, and that is what I love. Keep that smile for me pleasseeee?" I laughed.
"Maybe, if I'm not getting killed I will. Otherwise it's your own fault my dear." She said.
"Okay, you should go back." I said.
"Yeah, I think I should indeed." She said.
"Alright, I love you. Go and train the best you can for me okay?" I said to cheer her up.
"Yes, will do. Will you then watch a bit?" She asked.
"Yes of course I will. Bye, love you!"
"Love you too babe, see you later." She said, and then it was an empty, silence room again.

It was an hour later already. I went down to the pitch as I promised to watch her train. It always gives her an extra motivation. She trained well, scored a top bin goal, and made some risky but well-timed tackled. I cannot wait until I can play again, I miss everything. The feeling when you've won, when you scored, the feeling of battling together until we fall down.

They end the training and prepare to go home. We say bye to everyone and go home. Leah made dinner, some pasta.

~ 4 MONTHS LATER ~

My revalidation goes really well. It is expected that I'll be able to play a week. BEFORE THE WORLD CUP!! I didn't expect it, but I'm so happy that I'm able to play during a world cup with a squad that is capable of winning it. We're driving to training together when I start to think about a scenario that is my nightmare.

"Le, we could opposite each other in the final. What if that ruins our relationship?" I say, worried.
"It won't. We have a strong relationship, and yes, we both dream of a world cup in our prize cabinet, but I also am your biggest supporter. So if we opposote each other in the final, at least one of us will bring it home and that is my goal." Le said.
"Thanks, you always know how to cheer me up my love." I said
"I know, I love you baby. We're at the grounds by the way." She said.
"I can see that babe, I'm not blind. At least, I hope so." I said.

We walked into the meeting room. We have a meeting to evaluate our recent form. In the last 5 games, we only won 2. 1 was lost, the other 2 ended in a draw. Chelsea won all 5. So now we were up by only a point, instead of 8. We had to push more if we wanted the WSL title. We still need to play against Chelsea, Aston Villa, Man city and Reading. The title is therefore probably decided during the last game against Chelsea. Their tough games are against us and Man United. UWCL was even worse. We had to play against Psg. First leg in Paris we already lost 2-0. After the match me and Leah had a cute little city trip though, only positive I can think of. The second leg at the Emirates went alright, we won 2-1. A stupid, late goal from Martens was the reason they went through.

Tomorrow, the girls play against Man city at Meadow Park. I like home games. When you want to go home, your home in less than 20 minutes. A lot of fans who recognize the game and a lot of chants, most are really creative. The day and night went fast, and we were in the dressing room before the game, even though I can't play yet. Next I probably can, I'm so ready and exited. Leah was named captain, as Kim had a little injury.

Jonas asked me to give the girls a speech so stood up and gave everything.

"Girls, I'm gonna keep it as short as possible but you know me. Hemp is fast, really fast. Lucy Bronze can be dangerous. Keira Walsh is simply a maesteo, Jordan stay with her. Greenwood is a tough one, but speed isn't her best quality. They will want the ball, but that is fine. We have Viv who can score from everywhere. So Viv, if you can shoot, do it. You can do it. Try to give passes from the back line, or begin midfield. The whole defence isn't that fast, at least we are faster. Chelsea won't slip any points, so we can't afford a draw. COME ON GIRLS! We can do it!" I speeched as everyone listened carefully. They walked outside, Leah came to me.

"You would make a good coach baby. I'll make you proud." She said.
"I expect a goal, maybe even an assist. Love you mijn liefje."  I said.
"What the actual fuck does 'mijn liefje' mean. It's Dutch isn't it?" She said confused.
"It means my love baby." I giggled.
"Ah, makes sense, bye 'mijn liefje'." She said as she ran onto the field. My Le, captain of her childhood club Arsenal.

‐-----------------------------------------------------------------

I have christmas break right now for 2 weeks. So I'll have a bit more time.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!! Hope you guys all have a nice and lovely christmas. You all deserve it!