15 ~ Hospital time

It is the next morning and we almost have to leave to go to the hospital. This night went quite well, I think I slept for an hour. The rest of night I spend with Leah in my arms, staring at her while she is asleep. She was and is absolutely beautiful, and the best thing about it is, is that she is mine. I woke her up with breakfast in bed, i made toast with a baked egg.

We left, Leah drove to the hospital and guided me inside. She was so protective when something important was happening to me. I loved it, not the attention, but the fact she made me know I had her. We went to the waiting room and after 10 minutes I got called into a room by the doctor.

Inside the room there were 2 other persons. The main doctor told us that the first one was another doctor to make sure they did the whole research correctly. The second one was an doctor in training. The second doctor told us the plan, and asked Leah if she wanted to be with me the whole time. She looked at me and i nodded so she said yes.

We went into another room. It was a room with a lot of equipment. The doctor in training grabbed a needle, and I directly looked to the other way. Leah grabbed my hand and pulled up my chin. She made sure I looked into her eyes and said she would be with me the whole time and that everything would be alright. I looked to the doctors again. They were busy making sure everything is ready to begin. They asked me I was okay to begin, I said yes without a doubt. It had to happen and how earlier they begin, how earlier they are done.

It was done in a splitsecond. While they did it, I looked into Leah's eyes. It gave me a restful feeling, normally  I would be stressing completely, but because of her eyes that stared into mine, I felt good. It didn't even hurt a single bit. At this moment, I knew she is my person. She can make me feel relaxed in situations I would be stressing to the max without her. This girl is special.

We went out of the room again and I went to the toilet, she went with me. She knew exactly what I needed and that is calmness. As soon as we were in the toilet she pulled me in for a hug.

"Eef, listen to my heartbeat please."

I did and it calmed me down. I kissed her, and hugged her again before we went outside again. We giggled because if we did this outside of the toilets, everyone in the whole would know that we kissed. But now, this was our secret to the world and we loved it.

We got called into another room to discuss the results and, if necessary, do some other tests. The same doctors were present and we sat down.

"We have good news and bad news. The good news is that we know what the cause is, the bad news is that is a sickness we don't have any medic for yet." The doctors began.
"Okay, tell me. What is it and is it dangerous for me to play football with it?" I asked
"It is calles insomnia, normally it doesn't appear in a regular cycle. So it is a bit rare. But it clearly is possible, you are actually the first one where we discovered it. You can play football, there is nothing dangerous or anything. But you will feel tired and maybe you aren't able to do everything you wish to do. The only thing you can do is to accept it, rest a little, and do it later." The doctor continued.
"Okay, thank you very much. You guys found something other doctors couldn't. So I'm grateful to know it is an actual sickness and not me being weird." I ended the conversation.
"Thank you so much, from my side your work is also very much appreciated. Have a nice day!" Leah said. She has this gift where she can be able to act formal at all times, while I know she is deadly worried about me.

We walk out of the hospital and drive home. When we are at my apartment again I call Jonas.

Jonas - Hey Evelien, you went to the hospital appointment?
Eef - Yes I did, they found out what is wrong. It is called, wait a moment. Leah? What is the sickness called again?
Leah ( in the distance ) - insomnia
Eef - Oh yeah your right. So Jonas it is called insomnia, but I have a really rare type where it occurs in a regular cycle. But I can play football, I only will be more tired.
Jonas - Okay, good to hear. Will I see you later today at training?
Eef - Yes I think so, but I'll try to get some sleep. So if I'm asleep you don't, if not you will see me
Jonas - I guess I'll see
Eef - Alright see you this afternoon or otherwise tomorrow! Bye
Jonas - Bye Eef, sleep well!

I hang up and went to Leah, who was watching TV on the couch. I laid next to her with my head resting on her shoulder but soon I let my head go down to her lap, and let my whole body lay down. I slowly fell asleep.

It was 4pm when I woke up, still with my head at Leah's lap. I was confused since training was from 2pm until 4.30pm and then atleast 1 hour of gym excercises.

"Le? What are you doing here?" I asked while rushing my head upwards.
"Hey sleepy head, take it easy. I didn't go, Jonas asked me if you were asleep since you didn't awnser your phone so I said 'Yes she is asleep on me'. He said 'alright, see you both tomorrow. Take care of her.' So I said I would and thanked him to let me take care of you instead of training."
"Oh but you didn't have to, you could have gone to training. I might go to the gym in an hour, so why don't you come with me?" I said.
"You? Going to the gym? You are actually totally mental." She said.
"But, are you coming or not?"
"I'll come, but only if I can wear your clothes." She said with a grin, knowing that I would accept that offer.
"Fine, you are really silly." I awnsered.