23 ~ Pinky promise

It is already 2 weeks later. We spend new years at Amanda's with her family, I missed home. But on the other hand, this is also family and I love every single one of Leah's family. She has a really cute niece who also came, Leah hold her and played a bit with her. It was really cute, maybe some day. Maybe some day we will have kids of our own, I would like it. Leah probably not, she is more the cool auntie type. She likes kids though, and kids like her as well. Whenever we walk around the field to take pictures amd sign things, she is the last to leave the pitch. Fans often also give her gifts like flowers or chocolate, her fans are the best so she just wants to return the favor by staying on the pitch or let them take a look in her private life. I'm proud of her in ways she doesn't understand. She became a lot more open since we are together. I had to help her sometimes, but that is normal. She came from a toxic relation with Jordan, everyone would need help I think. Or at least, I would as well.

The break is almost over and Leah is already back in training. Today, I decided that I wanted to show my face again and would come with Leah. I got up quite early to have enough time since I'm slow in the morning, also because of my knee, which is going into the right direction. But I don't see the girls, because I train at a different facility. The facility were I train is a lot closer to our apartment though. I make myself ready and wake up Leah.

"Morning Le, wakey wakey. It's almost time for you to train! Come on, get up baby." I said.
"Nooooo I don't want to. I just want to lay here with you in my arms."
"I understand, but I'm coming with you. So you can see me all day long if you want to. And you need to train, otherwise your legs will be even more fatty then mine." I said.
"Ugh, okay. Cuddles during break then?" Leah said with puppy eyes.
"Fine." I agreed because it is the only way to get her out of bed.
"Yesss, I'll get up. Can you make breakfast? You'd love to do it for me right?" She asked sarcastically.
"Alright then, for once." I said, almost grumpy.
"Omgg what a perfect day this is!"

I just ignored her. She was done and we drove to Arsenal, I'm exited to see the girls amd Jonas again. Some, I haven't seen for like a really time, so it's good I'm coming. They have a gym and a field session planned, in between the club makes sure there is lunch for us. We arrive around 10am and basically everyone is already in the gym so Leah sprints to be only a bit too late. I go inside and search Jonas first.

"Hey Jonas, how are you?" I said when I found him.
"I'm fine, missing your skills though. The best skills of the Williamson/Miedema household." He said
"Oeehh, don't tell Leah please. She'll be grumpy if you do, I don't like that part of her. Immediately binned if that is her mood." I laughed.
"Oh god, that is a good relationship. Well, I'm sorry but I have to go and plan the excercises of the field training. Eef, it's good to see you! Stay strong, also with Leah. She really needs you, I see it in her eyes." He ended the conversation with these words. I got emotional and walked into the gym to see the girls gymming, or mostly just make fum of each other.

"You okay babe? Seems like your about to cry.." Leah said.
"Just realising how lucky I am that Jonas wanted me as a player, because of that I got all of this. The nice friendships, a stronger bond with Viv. But most importantly, I got you. He said you really needed me, but in fact, I think I needed you more. I was so sad my dad died, and everything that happened. All these reasons made me start to think I wasn't worth life, like I didn't deserve to live, that no one loved me. I started to hurt myself pretty bad, don't know if you've seen my back. But, that was only until I found you. To be honest, I also came from a relationship. It wasn't the best for me as well, not that I'm saying that yours wasn't bad or that you didn't have a difficult life. But I think we were meant to meet. Like someone above said 'hmmmm, well let Leah Williamson and Evelien Miedema meet. There meant to be.'." I said, with Leah pulling me in a hug and just listening.
"Did you stop to hurt yourself when you found me?" She asked.
"Yes, I did. I knew you would help me when I wanted to hurt myself. Therefore I stopped, so thank you I guess." I said.
"No no, thank you for stopping, and for telling me. I must have been a terrible time, will you promise me something?" Leah said.
"Yes, what is it baby?" I reacted.
"Will you promise to tell me, or someone else, whenever you feel the urge to do it?" She said, caring so much.
"Yes, pinky promise?" I said, probably with a cute face which made Le laugh.
"Pinky promise, love you forever." She reacted. We really are made for each other.
"Wait, where is everyone?" I laughed
"No idea, oh it's 12.30pm so probably at lunch. Wanna come?" She laughed as well.
"Oh god, yes of course. How long did that crap conversation take?!" I said.
"Too long, I guess." She laughed. "No, impossible. No conversation is too long with you, every one is too short. So I hope we'll have a lot more." Le continued as we walked to lunch. When we walked in every one said the same.
"Ooohhh there are the love birds!" In harmony as well, so I wouldn't be surprised of they practised fot it.