7 ~ Preseason comes to an end

When we were done eating, we had training. It went well, Hailey was struggling and halfway she left. I stayed because she would be okay on her own. But when we were also done I looked for her. She was already in our room, asleep on her bed. I went to Leah's room with all my stuff to take a shower in her room as I didn't want to wake Hailey up.

"Le, can I take a shower here"
"Yeah of course, you done with Hailey already?" She asked in a playful way.
"No, she's asleep and I don't want to wake her. She didn't sleep much during the night. I'm just happy she finally sleeps."
"I know but on one condition, we cuddle afterwards."
"You think I am turning into your teddy bear are you?"
"Maybe just a little" she said with cutest facial expression.
"Alright little kid, I agree but I firstly take a shower."

I went into the bathroom and took a shower. Afterwards when I went into the room again, she already lay on her bed with her arms open. I jumped into her arms and we cuddled up to each other for about 20 minutes. It seems like the time goes faster in her presence. I got back up on my feet and walked back to my room with a big smile on my face. When I got in, Hailey was awake.

"Hey Hails, how are you doing?"
"Good, where were you? Did you even shower because I didn't hear you?"
"I was in Leah's room to take a shower there because I knew I would wake you up and I didn't want to."
"Awwww, you know you didn't have to. I mean you come to my room to make sure I'm alright and you have difficulties that come along, I don't. So next time you can just shower here!"
"Alright, I'll think about it."

{ 2 weeks later }

It's it the end of preseason. We have one last match today and if we win, we win the whole tournament. It will be a though game, we play against Chelsea. Last year, Arsenal lost the league by 2 points to Chelsea. We want to take revanche, over a whole season and directly. For direct revanche, this is the perfect moment. A final.

We play in San Siro. The stadium of AC Milan and Internazionale. It is mt first time we play at such a big stadium, so of course when we walked in to check the field I was really impressed. I was once here with my dad. Internazionale - Juventus. 22 March 2008. Juventus won with 2-1. I stand on the same pitch as the players who played that game. Buffon, Chiellini, Zanetti, Del Piero, Viera, Ibrahimovic, Figo. It is insane when you think about. Leah sees I'm in my own world and comes up to me.

"Hey, you okay? You seem to be completely sucked up in your own world."
"Hey Le, I'm fine. Just thinking about some memories I have here."
"You've been here before?" She said surprised
"Yeah, in 2008. 22 March, to watch Inter play against Juventus with my dad." I told her some stories
"Ah, he must have been so nice. He will be so proud when you looks down and sees you playing in this stadium."
"I know, when can I meet your family?"
"I think after preseason, they aren't here in Italy so it will be difficult to meet know" she said making me look like a absolute fool.
God I'm falling more and more for this girl during every conversation I have with her. We walked back in together, she was telling me some important stories about her family that I had to know before I could meet them. I listened to them with joy.

Jonas walked into the changing room and told us the line-up. It was the same line-up as last match, so once again I will play alongside Leah and behind Hailey. Kim was our skipper once again. We walked out with confidence, we knew we can do it. A lot of supporters came from the whole world came, just to support us. It made my heart melt, but I had to focus on the game. We had the most possession in the first half, but we didn't manage to score, neither did Chelsea so at half time it was still 0-0. Some changes were made during the break. Hailey came off, which brought Laura on. She would go on the leftback position as Katie would go over the right flank. It worked well since Katie assisted Viv in the 59th for the first goal of the match. 1-0 to us. 88th minute, Sam Kerr breaks through and is free on goal. She scores.. I feel my heart sink to my feet, it would go further but that is impossible. Leah encourages me and says I couldn't do anything about it. We go into extra time. A long time the game was impulseless and not fun to watch, until there was a corner in the 117th minute. Me, Leah and Rafa went forward while Kim and Lia stayed back. I see the ball coming towards mr, I try to head the ball. As I head it, I get a punch on my breast. I hear the stadium errupt but I nearly cannot breath. Everyone notices and leaves space, except Leah and Hailey. They are right beside me, Leah holds my hand and rubs the back of it with het thumb which makes me feel incredibly safe. Breathing gets easier and I am subsituted but first I pointed to sky from the place where I scored my first goal for Arsenal, at the stadium I have so much memories.

The match is over and it remained 2-1 for us. We won against Chelsea in this stadium! I go over to Leah.

"Thanks for making me feel safe when I was down on the field."
"Mission suceeded" she said.
"What are you talking about? What mission"
"The mission of making you feel safe when something happens, I have a list of things to make sure I will be a worthy girlfriend."
When she said I felt my heart grow to at least twice the old size, just with love for her. She is so cute whenever she doubts if she is good enough.

We partied a long time and I think we also drank a lot since I can't remember anything from it, except that I woke up happily in the arms of the girl I want to be mine for forever.