Chapter 27

Countless bombs went off, the loud echoing of gunpowder going off caused ringing in all our ears as the Komodo rhinos became restless. I couldn't help but bring my hands to my ears to try and ease the tumultuous chaos that was occurring. Once the smoke cleared we were surrounded by trees.

"Free Fire Lord Ozai!" Was chanted from all around us," Power to the Fire Nation!"

"Ready yourselves sisters! We're in for a fight!" Suki announced loudly as Zuko and I jumped out of the caravan.

"Stay put," Zuko quickly said to his family.

"Don't be scared Kiyi. You're brother's the most powerful man in the Nation," Lady Ursa said to her daughter.

"Who said anything about being scared?" Kiyi asked as Zuko and I quickly made our way over to Suki.

"Imposter!" Yelled the men who were dressed as bandits angrily,"Imposter!"

"Zuko! The time has come for you to return the throne to one true Fire Lord! We demand that you step down at once!" The man who seemed to be the groups leader said.

"And who are you to tell the Fire Lord what to do?" I hissed coldly.

"Do so peacefully Zuko and no harm will come to your family!" The man said, not even sparing me a second glance.

"Let me get this straight," Zuko smirked, "You expect me to give up my destiny-- my rightful place in the nation, just because a bunch of thugs too cowardly to show their faces asked me to?"

"Well," The man paused,"Yes,"

"Ridiculous," Zuko said in almost a laugh as he shot a large stream of fire in the direction of the groups leader.

"Attack! Attack without mercy!" The man ordered.

"You rats should've stayed in your homes and whined if you had wished to keep your peaceful lives," I announced.

"Power to the Fire Nation!" The men continued to chant.

I grabbed what little water I had and shot a wide forceful wave over to the incoming group. Pushing many back behind the wall of trees surrounding us the men jumped back up. So the trees there weren't just to keep us trapped it was to make sure they had a means to protect themselves and regroup.

"Impressive displays of bravado but I think we still need backup!" Suki said.

"No argument here!" Zuko replied.

"Even if we don't send the distress flare!" I ordered," We might as well outnumber them while we still have the upper hand,"

Regardless of how much we were able to over power them, the sheer amount of people kept rushing in. I knew that people who opposed Zuko's authority still existed, they always would but I could've never imagined this many could gather to attack us like this so suddenly.

Just as we were starting to manage the situation a handful of men with net cannons began aiming at us. The first successful fire was shot to Suki, just before the net wrapped around her I grabbed her sword from her sheath and sliced the ropes. It was no use as two other shots went and restrained her along with the other Kyoshi Warriors who were with us. However we held out as much as we could. But a loud grunt from Zuko informed me i was the last one standing, quickly glancing over to Zuko who was now on the the ground made me keep fighting. Outnumbered, and without water I tried my best until a man used the ropes to grab me by the neck to try and strangle me.

"You should've stayed out of this Maiden of the Sea," He gritted angrily. The man probably knew that all the other opposing organizations fell because of Kaito and I, and it was more then evident he was holding a huge grudge.