Recollection pt. 2

"HAHAHAHAHAHHAA"

Zuko's face was bright pink as he listened to Toph break down laughing behind him.

She tried to contain herself as she moved forward to make another joke.

"Don't do it Toph," Zuko growled, knowing she was going to say something.

"Hey, Sparky...."

"Don't."

"I didn't know..."

"It wasn't like that."

"I didn't know you were into that kind of stuff," Toph broke down laughing again as Zuko's entire body started heating up in embarrassment.

I never should have told her I tied that water bender to a tree.

.........

"So let me get this straight. The mask that you used when you were robbing me was the same one you used to free the avatar from this prison called Pouhai, right?"

"Yes, and I wasn't robbing you."

Toph waved her hand dismissively, "Sure, 'visiting' me, whatever. Anyway, the people who see it recognize you as the Blue Spirit, right?"

"Yes."

"And the Blue spirit is wanted by the Fire Nation right?"

"Yes Toph, where are you going with this?" Zuko asked, not following her train of thought.

She bit her lip and tried not to sound too worried, "If my parents still think you kidnapped me they'll probably put up another bounty for you. I don't know what the Fire Nation one is worth but I'm sure my parents will put out a massive one."

Zuko groaned and slumped in his seat, realizing she was right.

"Ugh. I can't believe I'm getting another bounty. I already have two, I don't need another one."

Toph chuckled, thinking about how unlucky Sparky was.

"How much is your bounty anyway? You have one as Zuko and the Blue spirit right, are they worth a lot?"

Zuko stopped to ponder it. He had never paid attention to his bounties before, figuring it would be better to ignore them and focus on finding the avatar.

"I don't know actually. I can't remember the exact numbers but they're roughly the same. Traitors are given high bounties and the Blue spirit cost the Fire Nation the Avatar so they're both pretty high."

Toph hummed in acknowledgment, "Hey Sparky, I'm assuming the Avatar has the highest bounty right?"

"Yeah, If I remember correctly the closest one to his is Jeong-Jeong's, but even then it's less than half the avatar's bounty."

Uncle's is pretty high up there too but I can't tell her that without explaining that Uncle is the Dragon of the West.

Toph nodded, scratching her chin as she thought about how high her parents would make his bounty.

"Hey, do you think if you put all your bounties together it would be more than the Avatar's?" She was genuinely curious about this.

How cool would it be to travel with someone that has a higher bounty than the Avatar? That's major bragging rights.

Zuko was at a loss for words as he realized she might be on to something. "Uh, I don't know actually. I guess it depends on your parent's bounty. If it's higher than my other ones then I think I'll beat the avatar by a couple hundred coins or so."