Tsu Zin pt. 3

Toph and Zuko had walked into the center of Tsu Zin, leaving their horses at the entrance.

She saw Gow and his goons waiting in front of Lee, who was tied to the post of a water tower. Gow was sneering at her, holding Zuko's knife in his hand. He put it in his belt and stepped forward.

She heard Lee shout "I told you they'd come" as they stood across from each other.

Sparky spoke up beside her, "Let the kid go."

Gow sneered, "I don't think so. I'd be willing to trade you for him though. After all, Toph Beifong's parents are paying a lot of money for her safe return. I don't know how you got here but why don't you just hand her over and we'll let the runt go."

Toph froze, Shit, he knows. Are there others around? Am I gonna have to go back? I don't want Sparky to get arrested.

She was slightly shaken when Sparky put a hand on her shoulder and snapped her out of her thoughts, "That's not gonna happen Gow."

Gow chuckled, "You don't have a choice stranger, my men and I aren't exactly going to take no for an answer."

Sparky snorted, "Your 'men'. Don't talk like your soldiers. You abuse power and lord it over women and children. You're not soldiers, you're cowards and bullies."

Gow was raging, when he turned toward his three men holding spears, "Well, are you going to let him stand there and insult me like that?"

As the men started walking towards them Sparky leaned toward her and whispered, "You wanna take Gow while I handle the three stooges in front."

Toph gave a wicked smirk, happy that Sparky still trusted her to fight even after getting caught, "No problem sparky, I'll beat him after you handle those three."

Sparky nodded and walked toward the first man.

Toph could admit that Sparky was a great swordsman, he might not be as strong as when he uses both his bending and his swords but it's not far off. She'd be surprised if she found anyone that could take him without bending being involved.

In other words, Gow's three goons stood no chance.

Sparky sidestepped the first spear thrust and hit him with the hilt of his sword, making the goon sink to his knees. He then parried the second spear and slammed the goon's face into the ground. The third one tried to rush him but Sparky just kicked his spear in half and the coward ran off.

Gow was fuming when he was done and got his hammers out, ready to fight Sparky.

Oh no, you don't. You're mine.

Toph slammed her feet into the ground and a wall stood between Spark and Gow. Gow looked confused but Sparky just walked to her and lightly punched her shoulder, "Your turn. Try to make it quick, we still gotta leave before Sela finds out what happened."

Toph snorted, "Don't worry Sparky, I'll be done before she even gets here. She was still a couple of minutes behind us when we arrived."

Sparky just shrugged and went to a nearby wall to watch the fight.

Toph lowered the wall and when Gow looked he saw her in her bending stance. He laughed, "What? Are you seriously trying to fight me, or is this your way of saying you'll come with me so I can get the reward?"

He looked at Sparky who was laying on a nearby wall, "And you called me a coward. At least I don't make defenseless little girls fight for me."

Zuko looked at Toph from the sidelines and saw her boiling in anger. He shook his head.