Missing You

Rayla's Pov

The sun was setting. I was on a cliff in Xadia. My camp was set up.

I was sitting on the edge of a cliff, my legs swinging. I looked at the sunset.

It looked pretty. The sky was painted orange and white. A beautiful color.

I watched as the sun slowly goes down. Tears were running down my face as I kept a poker look, almost dazed.

It had been a year since I left to look for Viren. I checked a lot of places.

The first one was the very bottom of the Storm Spire.

I looked in forests and caves. Mountains and hills. Land and water.

I even looked in the human kingdoms. Including Katolis.

I even went to the places in Xadia.

Silvergrove, Lux Aurea, Drakewood and many more.

I saw no sign of him...

But Im not giving up. If I cant find him, I'll find proof that he's still alive.

But even with such determination, I regret leaving.

I ruined the great life I had by leaving.

I miss them so much. Callum, Ezran, Bait and even Soren.

As I looked down, Stella, my cuddle monkey, climbed up my back and onto my shoulder.

I looked at her. I smiled. "Now lets eat dinner." I wiped my tears and stood up. She chirped happily.

Callum's Pov

I was in a high council meeting. But my thoughts were on something else. Or rather, someone else.

I was scribling on my notebook to distract myself. But it obviously wasnt working.

My mind was on her. On Rayla.

It had been a while since she left. I remember locking myself in my room and crying my heart out.

I remember being depressed and breaking down every now and then.

Why did she have to leave?

A yell snapped me from my thoughts a few moments later.

"Callum!" I jumped and looked at Ezran.

The other council members were looking at me as well.

"Uh sorry, sorry. I kinda spaced out."

I scratched the back of my head while giving them my sheepish smile.

"Anyways, Callum, what do you think about adding another council member?" Ezran asked, obviously looking for my opinion.

"Well I think it's great. Some extra help would be nice." I replied.

"Good. Then we have everyones approval. It might take a while to find someone though." We all gave a single nod.

"If that will be all King Ezran, meeting dismissed." Opeli said.

We all stood up and left the room. I went back to my office.

It used to be Viren's office but..

I opened my notebook to see what I have been drawing. It was Rayla. In different angles and poses.

I sighed and looked at Bait who was sitting on the table. I guess I miss her too much, huh Bait?" He croaked but it was a sympathetic one.

I smiled.

Where are you Rayla?

When are you gonna come back?

When are you gonna come back to me? To us...

This was really short!