Late Night

This was when Rayla came back

Callum's Pov

I was sitting down on my seat next to Rayla.

Who unexpectedly came back...

She was talking about her adventures in Xadia. I was looking down at my book trying to act uninterested.

But in reality I was attentively listening to her stories.

"So Callum, what has happened to you these past few years?" She asked after she finished telling.

"Im Ezran's advisor." I plainly said.

"I know that! Tell me something I dont know."

"Im the high mage." I looked at her from the corner of my eye.

Her eyes widened and happiness was  painted all over her face.

"Thats great!" I didnt answer.

I felt her frown. I wanted to get out of here as soon as possible.

I closed my book and it created a bang sound which made me flinch from the inside.

I stood up. "Im going to bed." I said as I put the book on the table.

"You can sleep here tonight." I said in a cold and hating tone.

Did I sound too harsh?

I opened the door and was about to leave but I felt something grab my arm.

I turned around. It was Rayla. She had a sad look on her face.

"Callum, are you angry?" I pulled my arm away.

"Of course I am!" I snapped. Her gaze fell downwards. She scoffed.

"Who am I kidding, of course you are.."

"Listen Callum, Im sorry. I get that you're mad but could you at least try to understand?" She pleaded with her hands clasped together.

I looked down. My brows were furrowed.

Viren was the person who killed her parents. He was the one who killed Runaan. The person who raised her.

And Viren was the reason why we had all that trouble in the first place.

If you really think about it, it makes sense she would want to hunt him.

I sighed and looked up.

"Sleep here tonight." I didnt want to talk to yer right now. I left the room without another word.

I walked in the dim hallway. I had an angry look on my face. A couple guards who were patrolling greeted me but I ignored them.

I found my door and opened it. I sat in my bed.

Bait who followed me, climed onto the bed as well.

"Bait what should I do? Rayla came back. Just like I wanted. But, why am I angry at her?" I asked him.

He croaked sympatheticlly. I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose.

"Alright, maybe some air can help me."

I stood up and opened the doors to my balcony. I stood by the railing and looked in the night sky.

It was dark blue with millions of shining and twinkling stars. The moon was in the corner, covered by clouds. It made me think of Rayla. She was a moonshadow elf after all.

I took a deep breath and calmed my nerves. "Manus, Pluma, Volantis." I said in a calm tone. My arms turned to maroon colored wings.

I flapped and jumped off the balcony. I was now flying over the castle.

There were only a few guards standing in front of the doors. Some were walking around.

I flew outside the castle and saw someone sitting by the doors.

I decided to take a closer look. I hid on the small roof above the entrance. It was far away enough not to be seen but it was also close enough to hear.

As I got a better look, I realized it was Rayla. 'What is she doing out here?'

I could hear some muffled sobbing. Was she.. crying?

I heard some sniffles and few breaths drawing in and out.

I stayed there for hours. The sun was slowly rising. And she finally stopped crying at 3:00 am. She eventually fell asleep there.

I jumped down, careful not to wake her. I stood in front of her. She was hugging her knees and her head was resting in her arms.

I crouched down and slowly picked her up. I positioned her in a way I could carry her while flying.

Her arms and legs were hugging my torso and her head rested on my chest.

I said the words and I flew. Slowly of course because I dont want to drop her. I reached my room and landed on the balcony.

My arms reverted back and I re-positioned her. I carried her bridal style.

I opened the doors and closed it behind me. I layed her down on a couch. I put a pillow under head and a blanket over her body.

I went to my bed and took off my boots, gloves and belt. I layed down on my bed and quickly fell into my slumber with one name in my mind.

🧙‍♂️🔮🧝‍♀️🔪🧙‍♂️🔮🧝‍♀️🔪🧙‍♂️🔮🧝‍♀️🔪