chapter five

━━ CHAPTER FIVE / undercover op

The rec room was always so full of life and despite how Eliana felt, she didn't have the heart to pretend she was okay for long so it didn't take her long to leave for her room. Poe briefly stopped her in the hallway to ask about the time trials and they both knew the answer to that question. So, he nodded and told her to get some rest.

That is exactly what she planned on doing. The nausea hadn't subsided fully and her head throbbed. She wasn't sure whether that was the stress or the sudden changes in altitudes but either way, it hurt like hell. Poe would cover for her so she focused on getting better.

Eliana went straight to her room and flicked out the lights, got a wet face towel and lay in bed. Maymie would be on shift for another few hours at least and unless Nettie, Dow or Poe came in, she wouldn't be disturbed. Which is exactly how she wanted it.

She draped the wet towel over her face and closed her eyes. She wanted to try and sleep but she knew that it wouldn't happen despite her desperate wants. There were too many thoughts spiralling in her head and she could feel the leftover terror clawing at her chest. But she had to try, so she did. She took deep breaths and went through every technique to fall asleep in the book before she huffed out in annoyance.

She rolled onto her side and threw the wet face towel into the sink across the room. That wasn't working so instead, she pulled the covers over herself and curled up. Her head still throbbed but the nausea had at least somewhat subsided thanks to the cold towel. Her hands reached out for the second pillow and she cuddled up to it.

Whether she actually fell asleep or not was up for debate but the next thing Eliana remembered was Maymie opening the door. The noise brought her out of her fitful sleep and she blinked against the glaring corridor lights.

"I thought you'd be in here, Leia wants to see you," Maymie said and Eliana sighed. She nuzzled her face back into the pillow and let out a mumble of a response. Maymie couldn't understand any of it so walked into the room completely. She got onto the ladders of the bunk and dragged Eliana by her legs towards the ladders.

The brunette yelped and kicked her foot out, barely avoiding Maymie's face, "Get your ass up," Maymie said as she dropped back onto the floor. Eliana sighed and pushed herself onto her knees and turned around to sit down.

"What does she want?" Eliana asked as she pushed the covers off herself. Her eyes hurt from the change in lighting but other than that, she felt much better, just a little tired. Her hands rubbed her face and Maymie shrugged.

"She just wanted a meeting. You weren't answering your comm so her droid came to me," Maymie explained. Eliana sighed and reached into the pocket of the jacket that she had fallen asleep wearing. Her comm was lying dead in the pocket. That explains it. She then slid off the bed and dropped down to the floor.

"When does she want to meet?" Eliana's exhaustion was evident in her voice as she reached out for her shoes and pulled them on. She then walked over to the mirror on top of the sink and retied her hair up into a ponytail.