chapter thirteen

━━ CHAPTER THIRTEEN / cuddling

The sun leaked through the curtains as Eliana's eyes blinked open. But she was only met with the view of Poe's chest. In her groggy state, she didn't even question it. Instead, she closed her eyes again and let out a content sigh. His arms were still wrapped firmly around her and it felt comfortable. He was so comfortable.

And his arms were strong, protecting her from the outside world. But as the grogginess began to dissipate, she realised that she didn't remember falling asleep. All she remembered was reading data logs on her datapad and Poe still wasn't back from whatever lead he was following. She was sitting on her datapad, biting her nails and waiting for him to return.

And then she was here. There was a vague memory of cuddling up to him but she wasn't sure whether that was reality or a dream. If it was reality, she couldn't remember anything. Just the feeling of his arms around her and slipping back into sleep. This was the second time that they had woken up cuddling but Eliana didn't have the heart to care or question it.

Logically, she knew that she had to get up. She couldn't leave the hotel but she could read the datalogs. She still had so many to get through and there were more coming in every day. Mostly they were just the Investor's communications, mundane little things but she had also found a gold mine of Senator names. It was everyone that had invested in the First Order and it was right in front of her. She just had to go through and get all the name and evidence she could.

But the idea of reading endless data logs made her groan softly. She couldn't do that to herself. Her eyes still hurt from the previous night and she wasn't sure where her datapad was. And she didn't want to move to find out. Poe was warm and she didn't want to disturb him.

So, instead, she lifted her head and looked at his face. He looked so peaceful in his sleep. His face relaxed and she could see how his stubble had begun to grow back again. She was glad. He looked good whether he was clean-shaved or not but there was something she found so alluring about his stubble.

Her hand gently moved from his chest up to his face and she let her fingers run down his cheek. She traced his jawline and couldn't help the smile that appeared on her face. There was something about him. Maybe it was the incessant flirting or the way he was so effortless in everything he did but she couldn't help but admire him, adore him.

"Morning," His groggy voice shattered the silence and she quickly pulled her hand away from his face. She - instead - let them rest against the bed. His eyes were still closed but he knew that they were cuddling. His hands didn't move from around her and she didn't really want them to.

"What time did you get back?" She asked softly. His eyes opened and he seemed groggy. He still looked tired. He pushed up off the bed slightly and checked the time. His alarm would go off any minute. He let himself collapse back down onto the bed where Eliana had shuffled back from him slightly.