chapter twenty-four

━━ CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR/ locked-out

It had been a few days of BB-8 being back online and Eliana was glad. Poe's complaining had significantly decreased and she felt like she could function on a mission now. Also, Leia seemed to have been working behind the scenes to get some consequences for the Senators that were funding the First Order.

And as Eliana checked the news that morning, she saw an article regarding Relya Grover, Senator Grover, Senator of Naboo. And how she had lost her position as the planet's Senator. It seemed that Leia had some connections with the Queen of Naboo and within only a few short weeks, she had shared all of the concerning information regarding Relya. And the Queen saw that as enough to remove her from office.

It had been a process but she was gone and Eliana didn't know how to feel. Whether relief or worry was the best course of action. Relya would surely know that Eliana had some involvement. That the resistance were responsible. But she knew that it would useless to worry about it. It was simply something that had happened and she had to put it past her.

Yet, Eliana didn't really feel like being awake and so, she promptly fell back asleep despite having scheduled a test flight for her squadron. She hadn't really intended to sleep through the test flight but she was rudely awoken by banging on her door. A soft huff escaped her lips and she blinked her eyes open to realise that she had slept through half of the day. She let her head fall against the pillow briefly before the door was banged on again.

Forcing herself out of bed, she lazily swiped her hand across the sensor to get the door to open before flicking the lights on to dim. Anything brighter than that would burn her retinas off. And she looked up to find that Poe was stood at her door. She gave him a sleepy half-smile and he chuckled at her before he stepped in. The door slid closed behind him and Eliana dropped down onto the edge of her bed.

"Have you been asleep all day?" He asked curiously. Eliana hummed in response, not having the energy to even respond properly. She just wanted to go back to bed frankly which was definitely not the healthy thing to do, "That explains why I had to take your squad out." The teasing tone he had taken made Eliana feel beyond embarrassed. She pushed her head into her hands and yawned against her palms.

"Don't even," She mumbled softly. He chuckled in response and she dropped her head down. Her whole body felt a little too heavy for her to hold up. Her exhaustion weighing heavy on her mind as her eyes fell closed again.

"Are you okay?" He asked curiously. The concern laced his tone as he looked down at her and Eliana nodded her head.

"Sleep just caught up with me," She mumbled in response. He let out a soft 'ah' before he sat down next to her on the bed. His hands rested awkwardly in his lap as Eliana slowly lifted her face back up. Her eyes were droopy. She was clearly still coming to the land of the living.

"Is that a good thing?" He asked. Eliana shrugged. There was silence for a beat or two and Eliana rubbed her face, attempting to bring herself back to life. She took a long deep breath before she settled back,"I assume you saw the news?" It was a question more than as statement and Eliana nodded her head in response.