chapter eight

━━ CHAPTER EIGHT / gala

After the cuddling incident, Eliana had tried to stay as far away from Poe in bed as possible. But Poe had been relatively busy with military business while Eliana visited a few more known investors in the First Order so they hadn't seen each other for a few days. They both knew that they were going to Bream's soiree together but other than some interaction in the morning, they didn't talk.

Poe always got back late and sometimes, Eliana got back even later so they had gotten into a routine. But now, they were both back earlier and getting ready for the soiree. Eliana had picked one of the dresses from what Leia had packed. It was gorgeous. A red, satin, off the shoulder dress. The perfect statement piece for Hana's first official appearance at a Senate event.

Bream had informed her that it was less of a soiree and more of a formal ball so Eliana had to make sure she was dressed appropriately. Her dress was perfect and she left her hair down for the night. Poe had dressed in a suit and he looked gorgeous. She tried to keep her eyes off of him but as they sat in the hover-taxi, she couldn't help but comment.

"You do clean up nicely. Though I miss the scruff," Eliana said. Her words were half-teasing, half-serious. An element of keeping up their act but returning back to how they'd be back on base. They hadn't spoken about the cuddling incident but as far as Poe was aware, Eliana didn't know it had happened. And that's how she wanted to keep it.

"It makes me look more refined," He commented as he let his hands run over his freshly shaved cheeks. Eliana pouted and he chuckled, "You should have told me how much you liked it," He teased softly. Eliana rolled her eyes and glanced out the window. The hover-taxi came to a pause outside the venue and the two stepped out. The warm night air of Coruscant hit her and a shiver ran down her spine. It felt good to be out and about.

"Are you ready?" She asked. Poe nodded and then she grabbed his hand. They headed inside the venue and the elegance hit them instantly. It was decorated beautifully, a true ball. Senators and their partners walking around. Waiters ready to attend to the every need of the guests. It was exactly what Eliana had come to expect of an event like this.

It was a comfortable environment and Bream spotted them quickly. A smile appeared on the man's face and he walked over to them. He was quick to welcome them and introduce them to the people that could help them with their investments. It was perfect and Eliana started the night off on a high. It was easy enough to get meetings with them.

A pretty face, a massive sum of credits and the name of a recently-deceased but trustworthy Senator got her far. She had meetings with them all and so, she began to schmooze around the rest of the party. She eventually let Poe off of his leash and they went around separately. Poe also had his own military people to investigate and all the higher up Commanders and Generals wouldn't know him as Poe. They would know him as Bo, with connections to the Senate and it would be easy to get them to open up.