Side Stories

○○Natsu and Lucy○○

◇◇Before the marriage announcement◇◇◇

After what seemed like years for Lucy since the incident happened. After the events that occurred the guild decided it was high time they all took a break before beginning work again. It had pained Makarov cause his band of misfits never really did much work anyway and giving them an extended break moved out of his comfort zone, if they spent a lot of time their guild would be behind in ranking again. The members complained that they would come back better than ever, he understood this, however, he didn't like the other guild masters putting it in his face. He finally gave up and now everyone's on holiday, although the guild was still brimming with life. It took a few months for them to start destroying half the guild, which made Mirajane win the bet against some of the guild members.

"Fire!"

A loud cry was heard across the guild hall turning a lot of heads. People were scrambling out of the way while panicking as they saw what looked like a fireball hurl passed their heads and instantly cooling down and landing with a loud pang. Arguments were then heard at the other end of the hall where the ball came from, it was Natsu and Gajeel.

"You pyro! Who's bright idea was it that we set the ball on fire?! You!" Gray pointed with both hands and Natsu scoffed. "Well I thought it would be fun...wasn't it fun?" He turned his head to Lucy's direction but she only had a pale expression on her face before turning bright red with anger. She stood up and walked up to Natsu and Gray huffing. Natsu looked at Gray pushing him to the other side of the table as they tried to get away.

"She looks like an angry bul-" "Oi don't say that" Natsu covered his mouth still pushing him. Gray paled realising what he had said as Lucy's pace increased. "That's what you get dummies" another person shouted from the other end of the guild and laughter filling the air at the drama unfolding. The end of Makarov's mouth twitched as he tried not to smile while drinking his beer.

"Yes, this is how it's supposed to be". He smiled, quite content with the laughters.

A while later, on their way home, Natsu kept apologising to Lucy. "Come on! It wasn't that bad, I said I was sorry", Lucy rolled her eyes at his antics. She knew she wouldn't stay mad at him forever, she just liked him apologising so much. Lucy stopped abruptly almost making Natsu trip, she then turned to face him. "Okay, I forgive you...but!" She said before Natsu could form a huge smile, almost paling at the 'but'.

'She's not gonna ask me to go apologise to Gajeel, right?'

For some time since he woke up, Lucy had been demanding many things. Not that he didn't like them, he just thought she'd ask for more. She would ask him for little things like holding her hand, eating with her, or just staying by her side. What had happened still haunted her, she would call Natsu late at night just to make sure he was okay, if he needed his bandages changed or if he had pains anywhere. Lucy didn't want Natsu to leave her alone without a word, at nights she would wake up with cold sweat dripping down her body, wetting her pillow and covers. She had not told anyone what was going on with her because she believed it would pass, why wouldn't it?

"Let's go eat something" Lucy finally said with a small smile on her face. Natsu's heart skipped a bit, he knew that smile, but he wouldn't ask, he promised himself he would and he thought it was about time. He gave a reassuring smile, "Sure, but I'll cook. I've been practicing a lot, so let's go to my place today". Lucy just nodded and took his hand.

Wendy wasn't home, she had gone to stay over at her friend's place leaving the house empty for the couple. Lucy had some of her things in his house already so just went up to take a shower while Natsu started dinner. As the water ran down her body she put a hand over her chest whispering to herself, "He's just downstairs, calm down". She took a deep breath and continued washing herself.