Chapter 17

On the way to Jose's Mansion⊰⊹ฺ⊰⊹ฺ⊰⊹ฺ

     "We've all gone over the plan right?"

"Right" The members of Fairytail responded. After Lucy was kidnapped, Makarov set out a plan for her rescue immediately. Natsu was very calm about the situation than he was a few hours ago. It was time for them to put a stop to Jose once and for all, with that the operations will cease. The plan was simple, members would be divided into three groups, the ones that face the members of Jose's guild head on, Lucy's rescuers and of course, reinforcements which included Jude Heartfillias disbanded group, the communication team which comprised of Wendy, Levy, Jet, Droy, Max and Wakaba. Makarov was being very careful about the situation making sure that they all survived at the end of it all since the counsel Era had suspended every other guild from helping Fairytail in the pursuit of Jose and the rescuing of Lucy, because of this, Jellal, Ultear and Meredy were as well restricted from communicating the Fairytail guild members.

Although he was calm, Natsu was as well anxious about the situation, it was gonna be alright, he told himself multiple times. On getting to the waypoint drawn by Yuma they dispersed. Team Natsu were assigned to rescue Lucy, while the others including Master Makarov went straight ahead to the front of the mansion gate bursting through it and alerting the guards, this served as a diversion as all hands were on deck. Team Natsu comprising of Erza, Gray and Gajeel were already at the end of the tunnel creeping their way into it. Upon the commotion they had found the places marked by Yuma as secret door and went through it armed and ready.

"Well we'll it seems Fairytail has arrived! And even brought some friends with you hmm?! Let's play a little game shall we?!"

Natsu and the other heard through the intercom. They divided into two teams, Natsu and Gray, Erza and Gajeel then split up. Things were going smoothly on the inside and so far neither of the teams had encountered any enemy. Outside was a different case entirely.

"Jose! Release my child at once!" Makarov bellowed from the top of the van and Jose grinned from his large chair as he watched the Makarov with an unwavering gaze. "What child? I don't have your child" while the dialogue was going on between Makarov and Jose, the rest of the members filed out of the van and set up their various stations while Jose's men were alert not moving an inch as Jose had not instructed them to do so. Some stayed in the bushes and some rode back down the road in order to set up traps, others scouted the area in case any of Jose's men were still spilling around.

The communication team were at work already, turning off all the cameras and disabling all the electronic traps, some of the members took care of the domestic traps and when they were done they each climbed up the different trees surrounding the mansion and fired the flare gun giving the "Ok" signal. Jose who had been sitting comfortably on his wide chair looked around and demanded what was happening.

"Sir, all cameras are down"

"We don't have communication with the B team on the inside". This enraged Jose, he had been so focused on Makarov that he foolishly forgot about the other members, but he wasn't worried. Makarov could not win against him and he never had, all he had to do was give the signal for his men to fire their weapons. So he stood up and started giving out orders and more men should be added in order to shield Lucy from the Fairytail members.

"Don't touch her, I will kill her myself. FIRE", And with his loud cry bullets were fired but Fairytail was not backing down. They used bullet proof shields to block the attacks, and fired back pressing forward. Snipers were shot from the top of the mansion but only grazing a few members. Bisca was in charge of the sniper team and at her command they fired from trees towards their targets. The other members who were around the area had to stay alert in case Jose called for reinforcements. 

Many of Jose's men fell to the ground, some injured and some dead but Fairytail was still moving on. Mira and Elfman were able to break through but the enemies were hot on their heels. Mira diverted to the left corner as the men passed by to kill Elfman and shot them from behind. She was able to get a few men off him as Elfman ran to the other side of the mansion. Mira was about to turn the other way as well until she was pointed a gun to her head.

"Bonjour Madame. Kindly drop your weapon and turn around...slowly"

Team Natsu and Gray ✧✧✧✧✧✧

  "What now?" Gray exclaimed as they arrived at another dead end. They had been running around for a while trying to find where Lucy was kept but had come to another dead end. Natsu put his finger to his throat and spoke "Any luck there Erza?" He could hear gunshots from their side of the communicator.

"Not the best time pinky" -Gajeel

"Well have you?!" Natsu said huffing in frustration. It was hard enough that he had to keep his cool and not hastily go about it, he was trying really hard to suppress his urge to tear the place down.

"We haven't found her yet, we ran into a little trouble--

"You call this little. By the way Salamander, you owe us one for doing this shit for you. Get your head in the game. Focus-ack"

Natsu flinched when he heard the cry of pain "You okay over there?!" Gray stared at Natsu with worried eyes.

"It's just a scratch besides Erzas here with me"

Natsu gave an "okay" and they went back to searching for Lucy, there was no way he was going to give up on her. "Hey Wen, how's it going over there?"

"Give me a little time, the cameras in the main hall are harder to hack than we thought" -Wendy

"We'll get back to you. Stay strong, Luce".

They proceeded to the next hall to see Elfman in a heated gun battle with Jose's men, they decided to help him out. When Elfman saw the first few bullets go through the enemy force his guard went down a bit. "Man am I glad to see you guys!". Natsu nodded and he asked "Where's Mira?" "Lost her when I was trying to get these goons off my tail".

Gray had taken care of the rest of the men, he looked down to his boots and sighed heavily because it was covered in blood. "And I really liked these too" he muttered under his breath. "So where do we go from here?" Elfman asked, "Natsu and I can handle it from here, why don't you go back to Mira she might need help" Gray suggested and Elfman nodded. He ran the way he came and the other two went the opposite direction. On Elfman getting to the spot where he last spotted Mirajane, he saw her brutally beating up a skinny man until he went limp. Mira turned around quickly and aimed her gun only to see Elfman standing there.

"I almost killed you" she sighed in relief. "Who's this?" Elfman asked, "His name is Simon...I think, he's french and I think he can tell us where Lucy is...as soon as he wakes up that is" Mirajane explained. Elfman nodded and took Simon over his shoulders and walked alongside Mirajane taking the stairs.

Outside, it was clear who was winning the battle, most of the members of Fairytail had been severely wounded but Jose's forces were depleting drastically. Levy not being able to bear it called for the reinforcements and immediately the message was received. She pleaded for them to hold on, the battlefield had turned foggy with dust and smoke  everywhere and the smell of gunpowder filled their nostrils, blood covered the battleground and loud battle cries echoed.

Reinforcements arrived moments later and Jose was about to burst from anger. "Deploy the traps"

"Sorry sir but that has been offline since the beginning"
Jose gritted his teeth then smiled so wide his face almost split in two.

             "Bring out Jupiter"

That's a wrap! I got really good feedback from this book but even I know it was rushed! I'm gonna make up for the end. Right now I'm having exams and I won't be done till November ( ╹▽╹ )💔
I don't really know how to write action scenes and I'm still not good at the normal writing in general but I'll try my best! Thanks for reading❤️