Chapter 3 - Taking Chances -

Jean and Lisa were in the kitchen eating the pastries Diluc bought Jean.
"So what was all that about?" Asked Lisa.
"Nothing." Replied Jean. She was quite plain about it showing to Lisa that she didn't really care about talking to Diluc. This made Lisa very happy and was in good mood all through breakfast as for Jean her bubbly mood was creeping back up during her breakfast date with Lisa.
"Ugh, I have so much work to do today." Jean moaned as she tore into a croissant.
"Do you know what you need." Smiled Lisa.
"What?" Jean said with her mouth full," Klee to stop blowing things up." She joked
"Please, Klee could never stop blowing things up." Lisa laughed," anyway, what you need is a good drink." She continued.
" I would love to, but all this wor-" Jean was cut off.
"Nope, I refuse to accept the work excuse. You will be meeting me outside here at ten tonight and we will be going out for drinks, and if Klee wants to join we will just have to give her to Kaeya!" Lisa was persistent in her response to Jean.
"Well okay, I guess I will see you at ten." Jean huffed. She was shocked by Lisa's outburst as she didn't do it often.
"Yay, you know I should really lose my shit on you more often." Lisa laughed. They finished their breakfast fast and Jean headed off to work.

Later in the library

Lisa was dusting the shelves full of books making sure each book was in it's correct place. While doing so she was tutoring Razor on his numbers, the were doing times tables.
"What is 3×7?" Lisa asked joining Razor at the table
"20 and 1!" Razor shouted
"Yes 21, good work." Prazed Lisa."Wha-"
BAM!!!
"Diluc, what are you doing he-" Lisa shouted
"Stay away from her." Diluc scowled.
Lisa's eyes narrowed, "Razor sweetie, do me a favour and stand outside."
"Okay miss Lisa." And Razor ran off outside.
"Stay away from Jean, I mean it." Diluc continued
"I have no idea what you are talking about." Lisa lied.
"Don't play dumb, I know you were there last night."
"Look she had a bad dream and she called me over, that's all."
"Why'd she call you then!" Diluc interigated.
"Listen Diluc, Jean is my best friend and she may be your only one but it doesn't matter. I'm sorry she didn't call you but you seriously can't be holding it against me that I was there to comfort her. Now please leave." This was not a choice she gave Diluc and he knew enough to know he should just roll with the punches.

Ten in the evening

Lisa was waiting outside headquarters right on time when Jean stepped out the door.
"Hey, do I look okay, I had some running around to do and I didn't have time to change." Jean was brushing herself down she said this.
"Jean, don't worry you look great. Now let's get some alcohol in you, you clearly need it." Lisa laughed.
They headed to the tavern both of them dreading to see Diluc but what else could they do, it was the only bar for miles.
They entered into the door and headed straight to the bar where they were met by Amber.
"Hey Amber, what are you doing here?" Jean asked.
"Just helping out where I can you know." Amber smiled, "what can I get for you guys?"
"I'll have a daisy wine, what about you Jean?" Said Lisa.
"I'll have the same thanks." Smiled Jean. Amber set of to go get the drinks.
"I wonder where Diluc is?" Asked Jean.
"Probably to afraid to show his face around me, guess what he did earlier today." Replied Lisa. Lisa then went on to tell Jean about the previous event. And just like that as if they were summoning spirits Diluc showed up behind Jean. He tapped Jean on the shoulder and pointed with his head towards the balcony.
"Hey guys, do you mind if I borrow Jean for one sec?" He said in a cheerful mood.
"Sure, I guess, I'll be one moment Lisa. Hey don't drink my wine." Jean then joked. Diluc directed Jean outside onto the balcony by now it was dark out and the sky was lit up with stars.
"Look Jean, there is something I've been meaning to tell you for a while but I can't seem to get it out so instead I'm just going to show you." He said in a soft tone
"Hey Diluc, are you okay, you can tell me anything you know. What going on-." And at that moment Diluc pressed his lips up against Jean's. The scenery was so romantic everything was perfect except the moment only lasted a few seconds before.
"Ahhh, Diluc what on earth are you doing!" Jean shouted.
" I'm sorry for being so rash but you needed to know and I needed to know if you felt feel the same way." Diluc said with a small half smile.
"This is totally inappropriate and I don't even like you like that I thought I made that pretty clear!!!!!" Jean kept on screaming, the smile was immediately fading from Diluc's face into a rough pout.
"What, you're always sending me signals- wait is this about her. No way in Barbatos are you choosing that useless girl over me!!" Diluc was now also screaming.
"What if this about her, it has nothing to do with the fact that I don't like you like that and I never will." Jean was slowly lowering her voice.
"Look Jean, I think I've fallen in love with you." Diluc said in a sad and quiet voice.
"Yeah well, fall back out." Jean said in a low voice. With that she left the balcony back to where Lisa was waiting for her with their drinks. She tried to brush the conversation she just had and focus on getting very drunk.