Soft!Shuri x reader

The queen Is dead. As I stood there watching Nakia and Okoye I could already sense it. The door opened for the third time, this time with the princess rushing in when she saw her mom lying there she stared crying and went to rush to her side but M'baku and the others held her. She escaped from their grasp and was about to run past me and that's when I grabbed her.

"LET ME GO" she screamed hitting my chest trying to shuffle out of my grip. When Nakia bracelet turned red Shuri fell to the floor and I bent down to her level and she hid her face in my chest crying harder.

.................................................................................................................

It's the Queens funeral. Shuri and I haven't spoken since that day and I think she might be upset at me. I looked up at her and she was already looking at me, Unsure of what to do I just stared at her with sympathy in my eyes trying to let her know that I feel her pain and that I'm here for her. She just stood there staring.

After the ceremony Nakia dragged me away into her room. "How's Shuri really doing?" She asked and I looked down. "I actually don't know she hasn't spoken to me since that day" I responded sighing. "She handles grief by shutting everyone out but believe it or not the princess needs YOU more than anyone else, so please go see her today" she said holding my hands and I nod.

After changing into regular clothing I made my way to Shuri's room. I knocked on her door but received no response "Shuri" I said softly and I heard shuffling and a second later the door opened. Stood in front me was the princess with wet tear stained cheeks and puffy red eyes. I went to hug her but stopped myself unsure if she wanted me to. "Do it" she said softly and I pulled her into the biggest hug and she wrapped her hands around me as tightly as she could.

I moved us over to her bed and I laid us down and she hugged my waist crying while I played with her curls. "Just let it all out princess" I said and she did. About an hour later I realized her breathing was even out and calmed. "Princess" I said checking if she was sleeping, when I didn't hear a respond I started talking. "You've been through a lot haven't you losing your father then your brother and now your mother, I know its hard princess but I am hoping I don't lose you, lose the shuri that I know and love. I don't want grief and vengeance to consume her, I love you too much to watch you go" I said and closed my eyes.

"You won't lose me, I would stay just for you" she said and my hand that was playing in her hair froze. "No" she whined moving my hand in her hair indicating that I should continue. "You said you loved me?" She asked "I've always have" I replied and she shook her head. "No but are you in love with me?" She asked "I've always have been" I repeated. "So why'd you leave" she asked a tear slipping from her eyes.

"Shuri you were gone from my life for five years, those five years were the hardest. Rveryday I regretted not telling you how I felt, I stayed here for four years mourning you going to our old spots just to feel at ease. I left here on the fifth year and a couple months after you came back. I didn't return because I couldn't face you, a year later T'Challa died and even though I wasn't sure I would be welcomed I came for his ceremony. I was here for a week and we didn't exchange a word so I went back home, Okoye called me three days ago explaining about Namor and when I arrived I heard that you had been kidnapped, Do you know worried I was?" I asked and she went silent.

"I love you too, I've always been in love with you, I was just afraid" she responded and I hummed.
"Shuri your not ready for a relationship your not in the right state of mind" I said and she rested her head back down playing with a loose string on my blouse. "I know but I don't want to ask too late" she said and I put a hand on her cheek letting her look up at me. "I have no problem with waiting for you, I can wait a little longer" I said and she shifted and came up and kissed me.

"Just a little longer" she said and I nod "Just a little longer princess" I repeated. "Its actually Queen" she replied chuckling and I smiled. "I wasn't being formal it was a nickname and I just disguised it so I could use the opportunity to call you that" I said and she smiled.

She used her hand to move a hair from my face. "Pretty bracelet where'd you get it" I said holding her hand.

Her face suddenly turned into anger and she tore it away from her hand and threw across the room. "Princess?" I asked shocked "Namor gave it to me" she said and I looked at it and saw a glow."Hold on sweetheart" I said and got up walking towards the bracelet. After inspecting it I smiled and turned to her holding it up "I found our solution".

Shuri did it she is now the new Black Panther. She stood there looking at the mannequin that flew across the room. "Can I get some a that?" Riri asked and I walked towards Shuri "Who did you see?" I asked and she shook her head.

"No one, I need to go" she said and left before I could talk. I looked at Nakia and she gave me an encouraging smile and walked out tapping my shoulder. "You got something going on with the princess?" Riri asked and I shrugged my shoulders "Something like that yeah" I said and walked out.

.................................................................................................................

"Please don't do this" I begged Shuri "He's going to pay Y\N, I'll Make sure of it" she said walking towards me. "Revenge isn't the way, I asked that you don't let vengeance consume you and you promised you wouldn't" I said holding her hand. "I promised that you wouldn't lose me and I meant that, I'll come right back home to YOU" she said. "Well I'll go get ready So I can have your back" I said going to walk away and she held my hand pulling me back.

"I can't risk the chances of losing you, I Lost everyone and you will not be added to that list" she said. "Shuri I'm going with you" I said and she used a kimoyo bead keeping me in place.

"Shuri" I said upsetting."I'm not losing you so your not leaving this room" she said and walked out. I heard her door clicked with security being on and I heard her call some members of the Dora milaje to guard the outside. The only thing I can do is just to hope Shuri comes back home to me.

I sat on the bed for what might have been hours now waiting for Shuri. The door opened and I looked up and saw Okoye. "No please no" I said but she moved aside showing me the Princess and I ran to her hugging her and she groaned. I pulled away inspecting her.

"What happened what's hurting?" I asked and she chuckled a little. "Oh nothing really its just that aspearranallthewaythroughme" she said quickly. "WHAT" I screamed "Hey I'm okay now" she said and kissed me. "I just want to lie down with you for the time being" she said and I nod and thanked Okoye and I brought Shuri over to the bed and she lay on top of me. "I chose peace so I could keep you and Wakanda safe" she said and I kissed her forehead.

Y'all want more Shuri content?