It's Okay to grieve but not like this

You could tell what was approaching, A week from now it's gonna be Three years without Natasha. You could tell because of how distant Yelena was being. She always gets like this, distancing her self from everyone including me and her daughter Natalia, named after Natasha herself.

It's the day, I woke up to an empty bed and I sighed. It's been an hour and I'm waiting for Natalia to wake so I have a reason to get up. I played with the necklace around my neck that Natasha gave me, that's when uncontrollable tears started to fall while I talked hoping where ever Nat was she could hear me.

I started wiping my tears away when I heard little footsteps running my way. She climbed up onto the bed all happily and bubbly but paused when she didn't see Yelena. "Mama?" She asked and I shook my head. "Mama will be back" I answered and she got off the bed heading to our bathroom checking if Yelena was there.

She walked back over to the bed and I lifted her on and she saw the tears on my cheeks. She then started wiping them away kissing my face. "Why are you crying?" She asked sad "Mommy is okay, I'm okay" I said fake smiling,"Want pancakes?" I asked and she nod happily.

It's the day after and I still haven't seen Yelena. I woke up to of course an empty bed but heard the bathroom showering running. Yelena soon walked into the room and I gasped when I saw her. I quickly got out of bed and walked towards her looking at her bruises. "Yelena" I said going to touch them but she moved away from me.
She spent the day being distant and barely giving me or our daughter any shape or form of attention.

A week has past and I don't even recognize Yelena anymore, it usually doesn't last this long. She no longer sleeps here, she comes home with bruises, refuses touch from me and Natalia and she barely talk to us.

Today Natalia has a ballerina class and Yelena is supposed to pick her up from school and bring her. Sure I could do it, I have been doing it but today Natalia wanted Yelena.

It's been a couple hours and Yelena hasn't updated me on how it's going. After multiple text messages I decided to call, it went straight to voice mail. A few seconds later my phone rang the caller ID being Natalia's school. "Hello Good Afternoon" I said "Good Afternoon am I speaking to one of Natalia Belova moms?" The principle asked. "You are that is correct, is there a problem?" I asked anxiously "Its been a couple hours since school dismissal and Natalia is still here" she said and my heart dropped.

I quickly drove to the school apologizing to both The principal and Natalia. The drive back home was filled with Natalia crying.
Exhausted when we reached back home she fell asleep immediately after dinner, Yelena is in deep shit now.

I waited up all night and when I heard the bed room door open I stood up furious. "You left our daughter alone at school for four hours. She missed her class, you missed it. I get it Yelena your grieving, but so am I. Natasha was my fucking bestfriend for YEARS. Do you not think I'm grieving, that I'm hurting. Yelena I'm the reason Natasha is dead okay and I have to live with that" I started but Yelena eyes softened with guilt when I said the last line.

"It was either me or her and I tried my best to make it be me, but she beat me to it. Do you know the guilt I carry everyday. She loved me so much that she decided to sacrifice herself and she didn't just do it for me, she did it for all of us, she did it especially for Natalia. She didn't even get to meet her niece, everyday I look at our daughter and she reminds me so much of Natasha but it's also a reminder why Natasha won that fight. Natasha would be disappointed in your actions today." I said and her tears started flowing making it both of us cry.

"I Know it hurts Yelena I know, but we should grieve together. I tried giving you space because that's what you always ask for but didn't you think for one second that I'm hurting as well, I haven't even get to properly grieve her this year. I couldn't cry, I didn't get to visit her grave, because I have a three year old here that cries when she sees Me crying" I said fully breaking down into tears on my knees.

Yelena immediately ran to my side and we cried together for some time. She lifted me up moving us on to the bed."I'm so sorry Y/N it is selfish of me, Sweetheart your not the reason Natasha is dead" she said softly "Yelena you refused to look at me properly for months when I came back without Nat, only did you do so four months after when our daughter was born" I said sadly.

She held my face "My love I don't blame you for Tasha's death, and I wasn't refusing to look at you because of that, yes you reminded me so much of Natasha but I would never ever blame you, how could I" she said kissing my forehead while I curled into her finally getting the chance to fully cry.

"I'm sorry I've been acting like this, every where I go I'm reminded of Natasha, our own daughter reminds me of her and Most times I love that. It shows Nat is still with us but some times it's unbearable. Natalia is the exact replica of her, the ballerina, the peanut butter being her favourite snack, even down to her favorite show and not to mention her name,Its like she carries a piece of Natasha's soul" she said holding my hands playing with my fingers.

"Y/N I am so incredibly sorry" she apologized."Please let me make it up to you and our daughter, I want us to grieve together. I want Natalia to also know it's okay" she said and I lifted up my head. "She's really mad about her ballerina class" I told her "I know and I'm gonna make it up to her" she promised.

We laid in silence for a while until we heard knocking at the door "Its okay you can come in sweetheart" I told Natalia and she made her way unto the bed and snuggled into me ignoring Yelena.

"Hey bubs" Yelena said touching her and she removed her hand. "Mama sorry okay" Yelena started and Natalia lifted her head just a little bit. "I'll bring you tomorrow and we can get ice cream on the way home" Yelena said and Natalia looked up. "And for breakfast tomorrow cake?" She asked and Yelena nod chuckling. "How about you show me some of your ballerina  moves" Yelena asked and Natalia ran off the bed for her shoes.

 "How about you show me some of your ballerina  moves" Yelena asked and Natalia ran off the bed for her shoes

A year later

"Who's grave? Natalia asked "Remeber aunty Natty, Mama's sister that we always talk about? I asked and she nod. "Its aunt Natasha grave" I said and she placed the flowers on the grave. We explained everything that we thought she could handle to her and she listened. "She's not coming back?" she asked and this time Yelena spoke. "She's not no, but that doesn't mean she's gone. She lives here with us" she said pointing to Natalia's heart.

Natalia nodded and bent down to remove some leafs from the grave and she kissed the top. Yelena held my hands and we all sat down. "Will I ever see her?" Natalia asked "One day we will" I replied. "Oh mama look" Natalia said pointing towards a tree "Its an owl" she said excitedly and both Yelena and I looked at each other smiling "Hey natty" I whispered.

Y'all want a Shuri one ?