"Go get the baby!..." (Newborn)

Soft snores, quiet ruffles and slight movements are the only sounds that were heard in Phoenix and Palermo's bedroom. Fast asleep and lost in a dream they were both sleeping on opposite sides of the bed. It had been quite a humid night in Portugal and for once, the couple couldn't stand the warmth of their partner's body heat.

It was currently 7 am, and the two still hadn't woken up from their slumber. Well, that was until loud but timid cries were heard from little Andréa's room.

Starting to churn, Phoenix whined as she flipped over and squeezed her eyes tight. Still half asleep and groaning, she moaned,

"Babe, go get the baby"

Palermo;who was laying on his back with his left arm dangling off the bed, sleepily but simply, answered,

"No"

Confused, Phoenix slightly opened her eyes and looked at her boyfriend. She then shook her head and shrugged off his comment and repeated, relaxing back down again,

"Please...go get the baby"

"It's your turn" Palermo told her, with a sleepy groaning voice, turning onto his side, facing his back to his girlfriend.

Phoenix eyes then snapped back open and she lifted herself up with her arms. She looked at Palermo, in disbelief and neediness and whined,

"C'mon, I got her last time and I put her to bed last night! It's your turn, you never go and get her"

Andréa's cries and sniffles began to grow louder as she called out and grew more desperate for her parents.

Phoenix then began to grow more needy; hearing her baby scream but not wanting to get out of bed. Of course she would choose her baby over anything in the whole world but she really wanted to stay in bed and wait for Martín to bring her her little Dali but she couldn't do that if Martín wouldn't move and go and get Andréa.

"Can't you hear her?" Phoenix asked him, "She wants her daddy-"

"Yeah, well, she had her daddy all night last night, so, now, I think it's time for mummy to have her for a while!" Palermo shouted, tired and angry.

Phoenix blinked at him, in shock and confusion, not knowing what he meant.

"What do you mean she had you all last night?-"

"I've been up all night with her! I changed her diaper a-and I fed her but she still didn't stop fucking crying! I was up with her for about three hours until she finally got fed up and fell back to sleep! I swear to god, she is exactly like you...needy and impossible and won't stop fucking crying until she gets whatever the fuck she wants!" Palermo screamed, like he had just blown a fuse, whipping his head around to face his wide-eyed, bewildered girlfriend.

He then huffed and turned back onto his side, leaving Phoenix to gulp and wearily apologise.

"O-Oh, I'm sorry, I-I didn't know. I didn't hear her crying last night. I-I'll go and get her now"

Phoenix, quickly, got up and left the room, heading in the direction of Andréa's room, her daughter's screams leading the way.

She opened the door and immediately found Andréa squirming and wailing in her crib. Her light brown hair, that matched her father's, stuck to her forehead because of the sweat she had been working up.

Phoenix brought a smile to her face as she reached for her fragile daughter in the crib.

"Heyy, heyy, Sweetie" She cooed as she brought Andréa to her chest, "How we doing?"

Andréa began to cough and breath heavily as Phoenix stroked away the tears from her little rosy cheeks. She smiled, warmly, and then took Andréa over to the changing mat to change her diaper.

Afterwards, she changed her baby grow and then took her downstairs for some breakfast. She prepared a bottle of warm milk, then sat on the sofa and, gently, pushed the tiny teet through her lips. As soon as the liquid hit Andréa's tongue, she immediately stopped bawling. She stared up at her mother with big, turquoise blue eyes, that matched Palermo's, and blinked the tears away.

Phoenix smiled, happily and blissfully, down at her baby. She observed all of her features, once again noticing that she looked exactly like Palermo.

She then grabbed the remote and put on her favourite show, Pretty Little Liars, and patiently waited for Andréa to finish her breakfast.

Some time later, Andréa had finished her bottle. Phoenix burped her and then, carefully, plopped her down in her bouncy chair. She was immediately mesmerised by the colourful and vibrant buttons infront of her and pressed them all, full of curiosity.

Around thirty minutes later, Martín appeared in the living room doorway. His eyes immediately fell to his mini self, he lovingly smiled, and then up to the woman he had come down to apologise to. He felt bad for the way he spoke to Phoenix, before, in the bedroom. The whole reason why Phoenix didn't know that her daughter was crying last night was because Palermo prevented her from finding out. He wanted Phoenix to have a good night sleep and he didn't want Andréa to wake her up. So, he stayed up with their daughter. He shouldn't have shouted at his baby for something that was his fault.

As Phoenix's eyes were glued to the TV screen, she felt two arms snake around her torso and a forehead gently push itself into her neck.

"I'm sorry, baby. For shouting at you like that...you know, I didn't really mind staying awake last night for our daughter. She is mine, I know I have responsibility" Palermo apologised, whilst lifting his head up to kiss María's temple.

Phoenix, softly, moaned as she rested her cheek against his forehead. She smiled, happy that her boyfriend had apologised. She sighed, relaxed, and said,

"I forgive you. I know it's hard having your first newborn and I know you were just tired"

Palermo smiled as he moaned, slightly, against her temple.

"Did you really mean what you said though?"

"What?" Palermo questioned, confused.

"About Andréa being just like me;needy and impossible until she gets what she wants" María asked him.

Palermo grinned and answered,

"Kinda, yeah. I mean, you do"

Phoenix then looked at him and saw his grin. She smirked and then slapped his arm, lightly, and turned back to the TV.

She then huffed and admitted,

"Fair enough but you do it too"

"Liar" Palermo chuckled.

"You wish"

Palermo then smiled and kissed her cheek; Phoenix then returning the gesture.

They then both turn their heads to the TV screen and watched the thriller infront of them, them both snuggling for the rest of the morning, keeping their adorable daughter in their sights.

~If you liked, please vote and give me a follow~

Words:1146