Chapter 3: The Thousand Sunny on the Horizon!

Just over the horizon, a magnificent pirate ship was riding the waves at a steady pace. Against the setting sun, this ship was barely visible to the naked eye from Lucky Isle. This very ship just managed to successfully make it out of the Florian Triangle just a day prior. Aboard was an orange-haired young lady in the crow's nest, looking out over the sea.

"Hey, guys! I think I see land ahead!" She shouted loud enough so the others can hear.

"An island?! Ya-hoo!" A young boy leaped for joy and stretched his arms to the front of the bowsprit to get a better view of the sights ahead of the ship. He couldn't see anything but the amber glow reflecting against the waves "Where? I don't see it!"

"It's pretty small, but I can see light coming from it!" The girl stretched a telescope to get a better look. "We should check it out! We are in need of supplies, Luffy."

"But we got a bunch of treasure from those weird guys on Thriller Bark, and food!" A guy in goggles said staring at the mystery island. "What exactly do we need?"

"Medical supplies, Usopp!" A small reindeer in a signature pink hat said up to the sniper. "I am all out of bandages and most of my medicine from treating everyone from our fight with Moria. Zoro is still injured and needs more bandages to heal his wounds-"

"For the last time, I don't need any more care. I'm fine, Chopper." A green-haired grumpy swordsman looked up and glared at Chopper from his spot leaning against the barrier of the ship. "My body will heal on its own." He grumbled.

"NO WAY!!" Chopper cried at the swordsman. "Who's the doctor here?! There is no way your body is going to heal on its own with your injuries!"

"He's right, moss-head." A man with sleek blonde hair pinching onto a cigarette walked up to the conversing crew-mates. "If you had any brain cells under that moss on your head you would realize just how bad of shape you're in. Just look at yourself, you can barely stand."

"Can it, curly brows." Zoro grimaced. "Unless you're picking for a fight."

The blonde-haired man cut his drag from his cigarette short. He was instantly angered by the attitude of the swordsman. "How are you gonna even fight me? You can barely raise your own swords, dumbass!"

"Oh, I can lift a sword to your throat just fine! Here, let me show you, bastard cook!" Flames were coming out of Zoro's eyes. "And who you calling dumbass, dumbass!?"

"Let me add another injury to you then and let's see if you can handle it!" 

"SHUT UP!!" Their heads were suddenly punched by a brute force, just before the two started to get violent. "Don't you dare start fighting at a time like this!" It was the navigator, the orange-haired young lady. She screamed at the two men, now with new bumps on their heads, fuming with anger.

"I'm sorry, Nami-swan~" The blonde man recoiled in an instant, and was prancing away with hearts in his eyes. "Shall I prepare you a dessert to match the beauty of this fine sunset for you to indulge in~?"

"Not now, Sanji," Nami commanded. The love-sick man called Sanji then stopped dead in his tracks. "We need to get to that island on the horizon as soon as we can."

"I'm on it, my dear~!" Sanji leaped gracefully onto the main deck and took hold of the wheel.

"WAIT!!" A loud voice came down from the crow's nest. Usopp was up there along with Captain Luffy, who was hanging on to his straw hat so it didn't blow away from the wind. Usopp was leaning over the barrier of the crow's nest adjusting his goggles to improve his sight of the mysterious island coming into view. "That...might not be a good idea." He shuddered.

"Why?!" The crew shouted up at Usopp. 

Usopp gulped before responding. "There's a giant symbol of the world government on that lighthouse!!"

"So what? Can't we just beat them up?" Luffy carelessly asked.

"NO!!" The crew shouted in anger.

"We just barely made it out alive on Thriller Bark, we don't need to be risking our lives again, c'mon!" Usopp angrily shouted at the captain, looking so ever clueless... 

"Yes, but we do need the supplies." A tall dark-haired beautiful woman objected, with a cool and relaxed tone. She sat at a table listening in on the commotion. "What if we run into more trouble before reaching Fish-Man Island? This is the Grand Line, we need to be prepared if we should fight again."

"You aren't serious, are you?!" An even taller man (or skeleton rather) with the biggest of afros exclaimed from across the table where the lady sat sipping her coffee. "That's insane! If we drop anchor at that island, they would kill us in an instant! Though, I am a skeleton and technically I'm already dead...".

"Brook has a point." Nami stepped forward to take the floor in all the commotion. "If we come close to an island like that, we're dead."

"We'll be fiiiiine." Luffy swung down from the crow's nest and joined the others. He flashed a grin at the others, resting his hands on his hips in complete confidence. "It's just a few marines, how bad could it be? We fight those guys all the time!"

"They have a wall surrounding the place, with canons!! How do you expect us to get past that?! And what after that?! Marines will be everywhere!" Usopp screamed down in defense, clearly terrified. 

"We just need supplies, right? We'll just get in and out, no big deal! We don't need to stick around!" Luffy responded proudly with a laugh.

"You think I would be used to Luffy's carelessness by now but really...we just cheated death and he's ready to get killed again?!" Usopp thought in extreme disbelief.

"Don't worry! I got a plan!" A big man with large arms and flashy blue pompadour crashed the doors open from out of the cabin, flashing a huge grin and a sparkle in his eye. "Old Franky's got ya covered! Here's what we can do..."

The crew mates gathered around Franky and he muttered a plan to infiltrate the heavily guarded island...