Chapter 12: Purity

"Where are all the guards...? There's no one back here. Isn't that a little strange?"

"There are most likely still laying in an ally..."

"Excuse me, what?"

"Amore's goons, right? My crewmate took care of them earlier."

"Oh...I see."

Slowly the two ventured down the hall towards the dressing rooms to search for the other trapped dancers. While they stayed wary, seeing as there were no guards around they engaged in small talk.

"So...what it's like? Being a pirate?" Y/n asked, still reluctant to face the cook.

Sanji blew a cloud of smoke into the air. "I'll let you know, it's no easy feet. My crew and I have faced many dangers together; battled many strong foes, and faced the harshest weather... there have been times when we've almost died. But, my crew though is the best there is, and I'm proud to be a part of it. Alongside the dangers we face, we grow stronger both as individuals and as a group. It's amazing, I never thought once that I would become something like a pirate. I was a humble chef. Now, I cook for my friends as we sail across the sea, seeing the greatest and most unbelievable things. I couldn't ask for a better life."

"Wow...you and your crew are that close?" Inspired by his pure words, y/n's guard lowered and she gazed up at Sanji in awe.

"Yeah. They're the best." He smiled.

"You know, when I get out of here, I will get stronger. Then, I also want to become a pirate."

Sanji looked down at the beautiful soul we walked beside. Her eyes sparkled thinking about her dream. He worried about a woman like her being in similarly dangerous situations that he had, but at the same time, he didn't have the heart to object to her wishes. "Y/n the pirate, huh? I like the sound of that." He flashed a smile back at her. "Promise me though, don't make any bad decisions, alright? I'd hate to hear about something bad happening to you."

Y/n blushed at his sudden compassion but didn't want him to see. "If you say so." She replied being coy, but inside her mind she was in a fit of confusion, so much she was becoming slightly annoyed. Annoyed how even though she tries to focus on her mission for her freedom, she could not shake the fact of how bizarre this man named Sanji is. She could not read him at all. Wasn't he just another player of women's hearts? His actions this night have been all over the place. One minute he is the most amazing, handsome angel of a person, but the next she sees him swooning and falling for another woman. Her anger made her grit her teeth. Why didn't she just keep walking away when she had the chance...

"Y/n, are you feeling okay?" Sanji asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine." She lied and switched the subject. "Now, the dressing rooms are right here." Luckily the door was still unlocked by the last performer. She'll have to think about this matter later. "There's probably going to be some guys in here...are you ready?"

"Let's do it." With a forceful blow, Sanji kicked the door down with ease and ran inside without a second thought.

Two prominent men pointed pistols at the blonde pirate that had broke in. "Who the hell are you?! You better turn around, you're not supposed to be-"

Before they could finish a threat, Black Leg had swiftly kicked the pistols right out of their hands and plunged their bodies into the floor. It was over in seconds.

Y/n stood there in the doorway in shock at how fast he took those guys out. "This guy really is strong...his face really turns scary when he fights too."

As she stood frozen, Sanji walked towards y/n and reached out a hand to her. "Ready to go?"

"You didn't even give me the chance to take a shot at them." She said with attitude, refusing to show any amazement.