Chapter 11: Unsteady

"There, that should hold you for now. Sorry it's not perfect, I haven't exactly patched a stab wound before." Y/n had ripped a piece of fabric off Amore's sheets and tied it tightly around Sanji's wound. The sight of crimson soaking through the fabric made her frown. She tried to stay stoic, but she could also feel her cheeks tingling at the sight of Sanji's shirt halfway off exposing his strong chest and shoulders...

"Thanks, y/n. It will be just fine." Sanji stood up and gestured a hand to y/n to help her up. "So where are those women? How do we get to them?" He shrugged his shirt back on.

"Well, with Amore out of the picture, it should hopefully be fairly simple...I think. The other's are down below The Tiger Lily in the basement, held in rooms that are basically jail cells. We just need a staff key to break in, and then we can leave."

"Where do we find a key?" 

Y/n walked over toward Amore's limp body. Seeing him in such a pitiful state was strange, but also sort of hilarious. "Karma finally got to you, you shitty bastard. About time." Y/n thought. She knelt down and rummaged through Amore's suit jacket. This was creepy...she felt like she was robbing a corpse...was he a corpse? Is he dead? She shuttered, "Please don't wake up, please don't wake up..." She then finally felt the object she was looking for followed by a sigh of relief. Y/n found the silver key tucked inside Amore's inner breast pocket. "Found it."

"Good. We should get you somewhere safe, y/n-"

"No, I'm coming with you." Y/n glared at the cook with intense determination. This was it, the start of her freedom, the actual start of her story. A pirate wouldn't run and hide. A pirate would persist and do as they saw righteous. "I'm going, too. I can help."

Sanji went to object...but stopped himself seeing the look in his love's eyes. Those same eyes that he got entranced by just hours before now lit a room with a new spark. His heart raced, and couldn't help but blush at the sight. "Alright. But, stay close to me." He smiled.

"O-okay." The young lady replied, who also couldn't help blushing at his words to stay close. She turned away before her face turned completely red so Sanji wouldn't see. "Damn, this man...and his cute dumb smile." Y/n suddenly felt something take hold of her hand, making her shiver from the nervous chill that went up her body. This mysterious handsome stranger was holding her hand, and taking her away from this cursed place. "He really is some kind of knight."

The two carefully stepped over the rubble that littered the floor and exited the bedroom. Entering the main area of the loft, Y/n noticed that there was a huge hole in the wall that obviously wasn't there before, coincidentally about her knight's size. "Was...that you?" She pointed toward the hole.

"Yeah, why?" The blonde cook casually replied. 

"Oh..nothing I guess." ..."How did he do that?! This is the top floor! He seriously just broke through the wall? Who is this guy?!" 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hand in hand, the two stealthily made their way down to the main floor of The Tiger Lily. Even at these late hours, the place was still booming with guests. They used the low light of the establishment to their advantage, laying low from people's line of sight. 

"The door downstairs is backstage," Y/n whispered. "We need to sneak back there and then through the dressing room without getting caught." 

"How are we gonna do that?" He raised a curly eyebrow in curiosity. "There's a huge guy guarding the door."

"I have a plan, don't worry. I've had a lot of time to think about how I would escape this place one day. Wait here just a moment, I'll be back in just a second." Y/n lay low, pacing towards the closest Tiger Lily maiden she could find. She reached and tapped a woman in purple robes on the shoulder.