Chapter 8: From the Heart

Author's note: This chapter contains minor sexual harassment/abuse. I care about your comfort as a reader, so if this is not something you're okay with, read at your own discretion, please. I appreciate you taking a liking to my story so far. Thank you!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What the hell happened to him? Do you see him yet, Robin?"

"No...I still don't see him." 

Robin and Nami were walking close together scouting the streets for their fellow crewmate. Just over two hours had ticked away, and the two ladies had finished finding their supplies. Nami's concern as well as her anger were rising. 

"I can't believe this!" Nami huffed, "He would've been back by now. You don't suppose he got himself into trouble, do you?"

"Hard to say, but I'm sure he's fine. He can surely hold his own. Maybe he got lost." Robin responded smiling reassuringly.

"This isn't Zoro we're talking about though. This is Sanji! Sanji has never left us alone this long." Nami rolled her eyes. "Something had to have happened to him. Jeez..." 

"Maybe we will run into him on our way back to the submarine. Let's start walking that way. Maybe he's waiting there, let's go. We can't waste time on a Marine base, Sanji knows that too."

Nami sighed in frustration but complied with Robin's suggestion. The two kept their heads down to avert attention from them but continued to glance around for the missing cook. This city seems to never sleep. It had to have been late at night at this time, but the streets were lit to the point it looked as if it were daytime. The girls kept a careful eye to find the cook, growing more and more worried with each block they passed. Then, Nami heard some commotion from somewhere nearby...it sounded like someone was in pain.

She halted Robin by raising her arm in front of her. "Wait...do you hear that? It's coming from over there..." The two women turned their heads toward an ally way. The groans of someone could be heard echoing from the darkness. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

"AUugh! Ahh!" Nami was right, these sounds of pain were indeed coming from poor Sanji, lying helpless on the ground as Margoph and his goons continued to kick and beat the poor man. 

"We'll teach you what happens when you disrespect King! We'll beat some manners into you!" 

Sanji remained silent as he took every kick and punch from the gang, still cuffed and held down by several men. They had to get tired at some point, and when they do, they have to slip up. Then, he could grab the key for the cuffs and beat the living hell out of these men. 

Margoph leaned in close to Sanji's face. "Not so good of a Marine, are you? You're gonna have to be stronger than this to make it anywhere, kid. But...I'm sorry to tell ya, that isn't gonna happen, because King says he can't have you coming back into The Tiger Lily, and to do that, I'm gonna have to break your legs." The man raised a metal cane and hovered the brute weapon over Sanji's shins. "Heh, sorry sailor. I'll be sure to give a report to the men upstairs you broke your legs in battle or something so you don't look as sad as you do right now-"

"Seis Fluer!"

To Margophs horror, a pair of hands suddenly had hold of his head. 

"And clutch."

A grotesque snap of bones echoed through the dark, followed by the crash of the dapper man falling to the ground a few seconds after. Margoph was assassinated.