Royal-gay [Larry, Shiall, Ziam]

"You're not going to tell me you're actually enjoying this, Prince Louis." she said, sidling up to him and rolling her eyes. He was outside, in the gardens, hiding behind a large topiary bird, where she'd just found him. She being the girl with the long brown hair and the brown eyes, who was wearing the emerald green dress. It was made of a delicate cut of silk, he noted, looking at the layers of material that gave the dress its wide and sculpted skirt.

He stayed silent, not willing to give her any confirmation on whether or not he was enjoying the party that had been set up for his twenty-fifth birthday.

She raised an eyebrow at his silence. "I'm Gemma, and I'm here because my parents thought it would be a good idea for me to try and get you to marry me because... I don't know why. I zoned out of the lecture."

He nodded at her.

"I can tell you're not enjoying this party, and I'm pretty sure I know why. It's kind of obvious. There is no straight man on earth who wouldn't want to be in a room full of nice enough beautiful girls." He tensed slightly, which was caught by Gemma, who smirked. "Don't worry, I'm not giving away any secrets. Luckily for you - and probably him - my brother escorted me today. He's a couple years younger than you, a hit with the ladies, but usually has an eye for men." His stance hadn't changed much, but she knew she had his full attention. "I'll get him," she smirked. "Thank me later."

She glided off, and he took that as a command to stay where he was. No matter how much he tried to tell himself that he didn't need to decide - or even meet anyone - today, there was only so long he could politely reject his parent's attempts to get him to meet a nice lady. He didn't really want to bring up the fact that he didn't want a woman. He was, in fact, a raging homosexual, which Gemma had somehow figured out.

He fidgeted with the bush behind him, knowing that the gardener, Mr Horan, would kill him later for snapping some of the leaves. Somehow, possibly on instinct, that man just knows when one of his world-renowned bushes was tampered with. It had provided very useful for the one time that a group of teenagers attempted to paint the topiary orange.

Louis was quite close with the gardener's son, and their family were the only ones who knew of Louis's sexuality. Niall and his family didn't mind that he was gay - Niall himself was trying to court one of the men who lived in the village down the hill from their castle. Niall, his parents, and his grandparents lived in a two-storey house on the estate. Niall's father had free residence and paid work for life due to the fact he'd saved the King's life a couple of times, and had brought his wife, son, and, once they retired, his parents to live with him. Louis often had tea with them and hung out with Niall.

It wasn't a crime to be gay, but Louis's parents had sometimes expressed more traditional views on how he should marry. He wasn't ready to come out to the whole kingdom, though - he knew he wasn't quite ready for the title of 'The Kingdom's First LGBT+ Royal Family Member', although he hoped he'd be an inspiration for every member of the queer community in the kingdom and a boost to the change that was already occurring everywhere he knew of.

He was broken out of his reverie by Gemma coming back, leading her brother with her. Her brother was still bathed in the darkness of the night, so all Louis could see was that he was significantly taller than him.

"I hath brought thou my brother, Prince Louis William Tomlinson," Gemma smirked, curtseying exaggeratedly.

Louis rolled his eyes and turned to face the newcomer.

He stepped out of the shadows, holding out a hand for Louis to shake. Louis raised his hand, trying and failing not to stare at him. His eyes. His lips. His hair. His... everything, really. He looked so effortlessly amazing in an elegant off-white velvet blazer with delicate golden embroidery, paired with a navy blue dress shirt, and matching dress pants.