Communicating With Their Eyes [Ziam]

The rumours that surrounded the superhero couple were often exaggerated and inconsistent. The one thing that remained the same, though, was that everyone said they could communicate with their eyes. More or less, that was right.

-----

Zayn grinned, Liam's mental quip about their situation as hilarious as ever. Liam was very sassy in his head.

"Do you think this to be a laughing matter?"

Yes, this is hilarious, Zayn thought, which caused Liam lips to turn upward slightly. Out loud he said "No, not at all," barely suppressing a giggle. "The fact that you've decided it's imperative that you get two superheroes - both with superhuman strength, healing, and endurance - to take a superhero Work, Health, and Safety course is a very serious matter." The thinly veiled sarcasm in his voice went unnoticed by Mr West, the person they were talking to. I cannot wait to learn how to fall  from heights of above 10 feet when I could face-plant from heights of 20 feet and be fine.

When did you do that? Liam asked him, I've never heard about that. Zayn, don't you go quiet on me. Zayn!

Zayn mentally cursed, briefly forgetting that Liam would hear that as well. Liam wasn't supposed to know about the time he'd had to face-plant from a 20 wall. It was a complicated situation, and no other landing was possible. He only left with a minor nosebleed. Talk about overpowered superpowers.

"- and I will see you both on Friday the twenty-fifth."

Your turn to get us out of this, Zee.

Zayn sighed inwardly. "See, Mr West, we won't be able to come on the twenty-fifth. We're booked. Meeting up with some friends, you see. Haven't seen them in ages."

Smooth, Z. Great excuse.

What did you want me to say? Zayn asked, turning to look Liam in the eye.

Tell him we're going on a trip or something. Something that can't be changed, you know. Once in a lifetime trip to Disney World?

We should go to Disney World.

We should. What week do we have off?

I think it's in, like, three weeks. Should we bring anyone, or just us?

Just us. You still owe me a trip away, Zayn Malik.

It's not my fault some evil guy in a robo-suit made us miss the flight, Liam Malik.

Liam smiled.

Mr West cleared his throat. "That's unfortunate to hear. We'll be seeing you at another date, then?"

Liam gave a polite smile and a slight nod. It seemed that Mr West would not let them never do the safety course. "Of course, of course."

They exited the building, laughing like little kids.

-----

A/N: This is a very short one-shot of Ziam in a universe where they have superpowers and can read each other's minds (but no one else's, for reasons I currently do not know xD). I have an idea for a full length story with this concept... so I might do that... if that's something the people would want. I mean, I'd probably do it anyway tho xD

LOVE YOU <33333333333

thanks for reading, go get a drink of water.

Did you know that there are 15 tectonic plates that make up Earth's crust, comprised of seven major plates and eight minor plates?