We can be pathetic together [Ziam]

"So... can I know your crush? Or not?"

Zayn blushed bright red, which did not go unnoticed by Liam. "N- no," he stuttered, nervous at how close Liam was to him. He inhaled shakily, trying to rearrange his thoughts.

Liam was giving him puppy dog eyes now. "Can I guess?"

Zayn, being as enamoured as he was with Liam, couldn't resist the puppy dog eyes. "If you won't hate me after you find out."

"Why would I hate you?"

Zayn shrugged, unwilling to divulge his reasoning. Liam moved on, thankfully.

"Are they in our grade?"

Zayn nodded.

"Our class?"

Zayn nodded again, trying his best to get rid of the blush coating his cheeks.

"Our friend group?"

Zayn nodded. This was the part where Liam figures it out and the friendship gets ruined. It wasn't like Liam was likely to like him back. But maybe. Maybe Li- Zayn squashed that hope as soon as it started. Expect disappointment and you'll never be disappointed.

Liam studied Zayn intensely, as if trying to read his mind through his eyes. Zayn blushed even harder, ending the eye contact in favour of looking down at his fidgeting hands. He longed for a sketchbook to get his emotions out. He drew his knees up to his chest, wrapped his arms around them and started drawing on his shins.

"Are they in this room?"

No point lying. "Yes." No going back now. Their friendship was ruined.

He chanced a glance up at Liam. He had an unreadable expression on his face, which was concerning, as Liam was usually an open book to Zayn.

Zayn started to try and save face, his eyes watering and his words coming out shaky. "I'm sorry for ruining our friendship and I hope you don't hate me and we can forget about this and I know I'm pathetic for liking my bes- mmph."

Liam was kissing him. Liam was kissing him. LIAM WAS KISSING HIM!!!!!

What? That was not at all how he expected this to go. Liam pulled away, giggling at the stunned look on Zayn's face. "Wh- what?" Zayn stammered.

"Shut up, idiot," Liam said fondly, pressing his lips back to Zayn's.

And Zayn wasn't too stunned to not press back, half of his brain going into overdrive, and half of his brain short-circuiting, unable to process this turn of events. Liam pulled away again.

"If you're pathetic for liking your best friend, we can be pathetic together."

-----

A/N: Thanks for reading :D Vote if you liked it, vote if you hated it.

Love you guys <3333333333333333333333333333