VII

*Knock knock*

"Your Highness, breakfast is ready."

The door opened as soon as the maid finished speaking. Maharlika thanked the girl, when the girl left he closed the door and sat down on the floor. He sighed.

He is never the same after the incident. It greatly affected him.

He sighed again and went out. He began to hear some commotion happening in the castle. At least, he thought.

As he reached the stairs, everyone was going back and forth. He wondered what is special today, so he began to search for his father.

"Ama."

"Anak!"

"Everyone seems busy."

"Yes! We are expecting a guest. Two guests in fact."

"I see."

He placed a hand on Maharlika's shoulder and smiled.

"Just be yourself, okay? I know it's been years, and I too miss Havilah, but I also miss the Maharlika I knew."

"Easier said than done." He turned, not bothered to spare his father a glance. Ophir felt depressed. He felt like he also lost his son. He couldn't change him. Sometimes, he doesn't know his own child anymore. He could only sighed. The thought of Maharlika being in his jolly self again would be near impossible.

"Your Majesty, they have arrived at the ports." His adviser announced, he thank him and went on to meet them, he hesitated a little then took a glance to where Maharlika was standing. He lowered his head and smiled sadly, proceeding to make his way outside.

~~~

"This room has never been quiet before." Maharlika commented, he was sitting on one of the chairs in the dining room- all alone.

He remembered this grand room being lively and colorful, despite being only the 3 of them back then, and a few servants standing a good distance behind them.

Giggles and laughter once filled the room. Now, only the sounds of wood and metal can be heard. Maharlika finished his meal and went to the kitchen.

As soon as he entered, all eyes were on him before they bowed down.

"You can go back to what you're all doing, I'm just passing by."

They obeyed and continued on their jobs. He spotted a bowl full of fruits and made his way to it. He grabbed a mango and left silently.

~~~

"... *inhales* haaaaaahhhh....."

Maharlika stared at the tall limestone wall before him. How is he going to climb it? Good thing he doesn't have to.

He walked to a certain spot where he could cross the borderline between the town and the castle. Since Sinai blocked the old hidden opening, he made a new one.

It's near impossible to break a small part of a thick wall, so did he do it? No one knows.

He cautiously looked around, no one on sight.

He wore his cloak and crawled out, finally outside after weeks.

~~~

"How are you, Ophir?"

Ophir looked at the one who mentioned his name.

It was a man, slightly shorter in height. His hair white and short. He has red eyes, those who'd resemble rubies. He is also clothed in red, and he is adorned in gold. But above all, he has a red triangle at the right side of his face, the rest of it white, he is stern and sharp. He is handsome, though always serious.