Part 8

"George, your mom is here!" Sapnap looked up before looking back down at George's phone, he finished writing his number and then handed the phone back to George. "Quick before she sees the mess." I hurried, pushing the two out of the living room and towards the door.

"Did you have a good night?" George's mom asked, smiling fakely at the sight of her son. George nodded while slipping his phone into his back pocket.

"Did you sleep well?" She asked, placing a hand on his shoulder as if he would run away. "Yeah, we actually went to sleep pretty early." George laughed. He glanced over at me and Sapnap and I just grinned. He lied. "Good." His mom nodded.

"Well, it was lovely to have you over, George." My mom smiled, grabbing the edge of the door in an impatient manner. "Thanks for having me." My mom waved her hand. "Don't be so silly, you're welcome anytime." She smiled.

"We better leave, there's a sleepy Amelia in the car and I don't want to keep her waiting." My mom's eyes lit up. "Oh, of course!" She laughed. "Tell Amelia I said hi, will you?" George's mom nodded. "Of course, see you on Sunday." My mom waved them goodbye while Sap and I ran up to my room to avoid being forced to clean up our mess.

"We should have a group chat." Sapnap suggested. "I can't be bothered, you do it." I groaned, collapsing onto my bed. I threw my arm over my eyes and fake cried. "It's too bright." I complained, closing my eyes.

The bed dipped beside me as Sapnap sat opposite me, his feet by my chest as he leaned against the piece of wood at the bottom of my bed. "George asked if he should save you as Dream or Clay." Sapnap spoke, breaking the once comfortable silence.

"Dream." I replied simply. I hardly let people call me Clay. Sap can, sometimes, and even then it's only when I say so.

The two of us fell silent again. Sapnap's phone would occasionally buzz with a notification and that would cause me to open my eyes below my arms before closing them again.

"My dad said I've gotta be home in 10 minutes." The bed dips again before rising back up. "Alright, try and ignore my mom if you can, she'll probably give you a whole questionnaire about last night if you don't." I couldn't actually see the raven haired boy but I could still tell that he nodded at my words. "Text me later?" He asks. I raise my arm off my eyes slightly to give him a thumbs up. "Obviously." I reply, and then my door clicks shut and I let out a sigh.

I roll over with a groan and reach for my phone. I should've slept last night, even if it was just for five minutes. I very slowly type my password into my phone before staring at my home screen. I scroll onto the next page before realising I'm looking for messages, at the bottom of my screen. I open the app and see two new chats at the top of the list. One of them is a group chat with around 15 unread messages. It's titled 'stop being weird' and I can only assume that's a response from George after Sapnap named the group something sexual.

Below the group chat is an unsaved number with a singular unread message. I opened that one first. 'My mum is still pissed I said I didn't have plans', it reads. I blink. Oh, it's George. I click his number before adding it to my contacts with the name 'twig arms' with a picture of some frog meme I had saved in my phone.

'She'll get over it', I reply, and almost instantly the 'delivered' below the message turns into a 'read'. 'I hope so, she's been giving me some weird looks'. I laugh. 'She's probably checking for hickeys ;)', he doesn't respond to that one for a while.

After a few minutes of staring at the 'read' at the bottom of my screen I realised that he probably wasn't going to respond to me for a while, considering how he acted when I told Amelia I was gay. I closed my messages with him and opened 'stop being weird'.

The first message was just a picture of me laying opposite Sapnap with my arm over my eyes. My knee was raised and blocking half of the picture but Sapnap had raised his phone to try and see over it. George replies with, 'What does this mean', and then Sapnap changes the group name to 'super gay for dreamyboy'. I scrolled through the rest of the messages, not too interested in reading the rest of the conversation.

At the top of my screen a popup with George's contact appears, a singular word below it. 'Weird'. I scoff and click on the popup. 'It's only weird if you make it weird', I responded. George starts typing almost instantly. 'Yh and you made it weird', I send a broken heart back. 'No one said the hickeys were from me or Sap', I added a shrugging emoji to the end of the message just to give it more personality, you know? George starts typing before stopping.

This continued over the next few days. I'd wake up to at least a hundred messages in the group chat, most of them just being Sapnap trying to wake either George or I up, or both, and then George telling him to go away so he can 'sleep for once'. Sap never lets him and the two end up arguing back and forth over something completely unrelated to the original conversation.

I'd also get messages from George complaining about being tired and wanting to start a vote to kick Sapnap out of the group chat.

George and I talked everyday, whenever the three of us weren't arguing George and I would be talking either on call or in messages. I started talking to him more than Sapnap, and that really surprised me since Sap is almost messaging me 24/7.

I always try to talk to them the same amount, though. I don't want to lose Sapnap over a guy I haven't even known for that long.

'Stop being weird'

Sapnap attachment image: 1

I clicked on the notification only to be greeted by one of the worst pictures on earth. It was me, obviously high out of my tiny mind with a carton of apple juice in my hands. I was mid breakdown with watery, bloodshot eyes and a quivered lip and Sapnap captioned the image 'miss you bb'. I'd drive over to his house and slap him silly if I wasn't so lazy.

'IN THE GROUPCHAT???' I typed, covering my face with one hand out of pure embarrassment. 'Yes. George needs to see these.', seconds later three images lit up my phone. I wanted to cry.

The first one, possibly the most normal one, was a picture of me in Sapnap's room wearing nothing but my boxers and a pair of socks, two bananas in my hands with a wide grin. That picture is at least a year old.

The second picture was me on Sapnap's skateboard with his little sister on my shoulders except Sapnap had put on some stupid filter to make both of us bald with massive noses and tiny foreheads. Then finally, he had sent a picture of the two of us in the park. I was trying to lick Sapnap's cheek for absolutely no reason with the same stupid bald filter on.

'I'm literally going to kill you', I sent. Sapnap replied with three heart emojis while George started typing. 'LMAOOO SAVING THESE', my eyes widened. 'WAHT RHW FUCK NO', I panicked, sending the message before autocorrect even had time to check the words. George sent the pictures back into the group chat just to prove that he had saved them.

'My favourite is the one of him in his boxers', Sapnap typed. I groaned in embarrassment before sending, 'ayo George what do u want a pic of me in my boxers for??' I love messing with the brunette. He either leaves me on read for at least an hour or he gets all defensive and tries to explain himself. George started typing and I grinned, excited to see what he'd say.

'That's for me to know and u to worry about'.

Oh. My grin dropped into a loosely hung jaw. My cheeks heated slightly, tinting them in a light red as I turned my phone off and just stared. What at? Nothing. I just needed a minute to process the response because what the fuck? I can't like George like that, we barely know each other. My phone buzzed with more notifications, too many for me to even process. Do I like George?

Maybe, I do.

WC: 1462