Part 17

I shift uncomfortably at George's front door. "Is George free?" I ask, hands stuffed into my pockets. A man I've never met before, George's dad, frowns at me accusingly. "What for?" He asks, eyes scanning my body. "To go out?" I frown at him with a weird look. What else would I be asking for?

"You aren't gay, are you?" I freeze, my fists tightening in my pocket. "No, no. I have a girlfriend that lives a few blocks from here." The words make me cringe and I have to force a smile to make the point believable. He hums before turning over his shoulder to call the brunette's name. Amelia turns the corner, a popsicle in her mouth with a book in her hand. She juggles the book between her hands and waves. "Hey, Dream." She muffles, the popsicle blocking out most of the words. I wave back and her dad turns back to me with raised brows.

"You know both of them?" He asks. "We go to church together. I'm surprised we've never met before." I laugh nervously. I'm glad we've never met before. "I've just got over the flu." He explains, back pressing against the door. I nod, extremely uncomfortable. "Cool." I strain a smile and breathe out.

This is the last time I will come to George's house. Normally, the brunette is the one to meet me at mine, his pretty smile always fools my mom into thinking he was helping me 'get better'. The two of us have been hanging out a lot recently. Ever since we agreed to take everything slow, George has been practically begging for the two of us to go out together, just to talk or hang out somewhere.

I never question him or push him too far. When our hands brush together and he pulls away, I don't get upset or purposely grab his hand. I just smile at him and ask if he's okay.

"Dream?" George's voice makes me look up. The shorter boy is surprised, a towel draped over his shoulder with wet hair stuck to his forehead. "I told you to be ready, idiot." I scoff. He groans in embarrassment, throwing his head back. "I am ready, just let me grab a jumper." He pulls the towel off of his shoulder and disappears from the top of the stairs.

"Dream? Your parents named you Dream?" George's dad laughs, amused. "No, they named me table leg, I'm just too much of a delight." I sarcastically smile at him, tilting my head for emphasis. George's dad nods, eyes squinting as he chuckles. "I like your humour." He pats my shoulder and as he turns to watch George run down the stairs I silently gag, wiping my shoulder clean.

"Is your phone charged?" George nods, slipping on his shoes. "Alright, make sure your phone is off silent in case your mother tries to call you." George groans, knees clicking as he stands back up. "Yes, dad, I know." He pushes past the slightly taller man, a mixture of embarrassment and annoyance flushing his cheeks.

The door closes behind him moments later, and as soon as it does, George lets out a sigh of relief, his head turning to meet my eyes. "Did he say anything to you?" He asks. I smile nervously. "Not really, but if I ever come up in a conversation, make sure to mention my girlfriend that lives a few blocks away from you."

"Will do." He chuckles, he waits at the end of the driveway for me, an unimpressed look spread across his face. "When did you get there?" I ask, brows knit closely together in confusion. George rolls his eyes and waits for me to step into reaching distance before he grabs my arm and pulls me closer to him. Our chests touch, eyes locking and cheeking flushing in a sappy rom-com sort of way.

"You have long legs, you literally only have to take about three steps before you're here!" He laughs at me, arms pushing me further down the street. "That's not the only long thing I have." I joke, a sly smirk creeping its way onto my face. "Yeah, I know. Your toes are abnormally long." The smirk quickly leaves and instantly I push all of my weight into my heels, stopping the shorter from pushing me any further.

"Dream!" He huffs, shoulder pressing into my back in an attempt to push me. "Don't disrespect my toes when we're friends with Sapnap." George knees my ass. I don't move. "Yeah, well I'm not interested in Sapnap's feet." He jumps up, arms pushing down on my shoulders in an attempt to... what is he doing?

"But you're interested in mine?" George runs around to my front, his hands locking around my wrist in an attempt to yank me forward. "I'm interested in everything about you." I pull my hand back and he falls into my chest, a very annoyed glare following shortly after. "I'm going to punch you in the dick." He warns.

I start walking almost instantly. "Did you ask Sapnap if he's free?" George asks. Our shoulders brush against each other and George steps away. "Yeah, he said he'd meet us at yours."

"Where are we going then?" George asks. I shrug, not knowing. "I was following you." I told him. Which I wasn't even doing. I was being pushed and pulled, I wasn't following.

"Oh, it's fine I can see his car." I turn to face the same way as George, only to be met with the sight of Sapnap's car speeding down the empty road. I don't even want to know how many tickets he has. His tyres screech to a stop, a pair of alien sunglasses tucked over the bridge of his nose. He grins.

"Get in, gays." George grumbles to himself, the words 'never told him' being the only three I could actually make out. I laugh and George grabs my middle finger, his little way of holding my hand. He pulls, my arm lifting as he pulls me into the back of the car with him.

Instantly, Sapnap gags. My body shifts uncomfortably in the small space of Sapnap's car. "Stop fucking in my car." I turn to glare at him before finally being able to sit comfortably beside George, his tanned fingers brushing against mine in the small space between us.

"One, this is your dad's car. Two, we're not fucking. And three, it's your fault for having such a small car." Sapnap starts the car and starts to normally drive down the street. "It was my dad's car, it's mine now. Yes, you are fucking. It's not my fault you're literally the human embodiment of the giant from Jack and the beanstalk." I press my foot against the holder for his belt. It tightens the fabric and he pulls it away from his chest.

"Dude, I'm driving." I roll my eyes and lift my foot and turn my attention to the distracted brunette. I tap one of my fingers against his and he turns to look at our hands before his eyes trail up to meet mine.

"You okay?" I whisper. He didn't answer the question, instead he shifted his attention to the window beside me. "George?" My voice is slightly louder and he flinches before he looks at me again. "Are you okay?" I ask.

George nods before shrugging, and then pausing and shaking his head. "I don't know." He whispers, and I notice the way Sapnap's saddened eyes flick up to the rear view mirror.

"Am I weird?" His voice breaks, and Sapnap pulls over into the nearest empty space he can find. The engine stops, and Sapnap is leaning over the middle of the car before I have time to answer George.

"George, buddy. I love you, you're great, but you need to understand that your parents are delusional." I nod, agreeing with the raven haired boy. "I know, but what if they're not?" Sapnap holds up a hand. "How many LGBT people did you know in England?" Sapnap asks. George shrugs. "A lot?" Sapnap asks. George nods.

"How many LGBT people have you seen online?" Sapnap asks. "A lot." George mumbles. "Exactly, and there's nothing wrong with them, is there?" George shakes his head.

"So what's so different about you?"

George opens his mouth to answer before he silences himself and turns to look at me for an answer.

"Your parents are annoying." I say simply, and George agrees. "I know." Sapnap smiles, the car shaking as he dramatically drops back into his seat. "So, loverboys. Where should we go today?"

WC: 1434