Part 13

George didn't leave when he said he would. Instead, he finishes the bottle of alcohol with me, our hands intertwined and legs tangled in a sloppy position. George insisted we stayed there together, or at least got a hotel for the night but I refused. He was too tired and too drunk to think for himself and I'd never forgive myself if something bad happened to him. So I walked him home, my arm around his waist as he begs for me to carry him the rest of the way.

"I'm not carrying you." I scoff. He squinted at me for at least a minute, his eyes trained on my face as if the unappealing sight would somehow change my mind. "Why not?" He asks. "I'm not risking you throwing up in my hair." I'd have to go bald, I'd never touch it again.

George scoffs. "I'm not even drunk, just touch starved." He says, and I'd be lying if I said I believed him. "No carrying." I stated. "I'm walking you home and then I'm going home." George whines at my words, his head dropping. "But I'll miss you." He fake cries. I smile.

"We can call or something when I get home." I promise. George huffs but nods in agreement. "FaceTime though." He points up at me and I nod, an eye roll following shortly after. "Yes." I sing, dragging out the word.

The walk to his house was short, with the brunette only living a few blocks away from my house. He says goodnight, leaning up to place a kiss on my lips. I chase his lips as he pulls away and he laughs, muttering about how gay I am.

"Wow." I mumble, teasingly. He stands at his door, a playful grin on his face. "And to think our kiss meant something." I place a hand on my heart in fake hurt. "Which one, dude?" George laughs. I pause for a moment. "The one where you were practically shoving your tongue down my throat." I decide on the words leaving my mouth with confidence.

"It was a simple kiss for the homie." He jokes. I roll my eyes and we both freeze as a light upstairs turns on. I stare at the illuminating window and George tightens his grip on the door handle.

It's only on for a moment. Maybe a few seconds, maybe a minute, before it's turned off again and we both sigh in relief. "Okay." I whisper, my heart race increasing from the fear of being caught. George's eyes drop onto me. "Goodnight." I kiss his forehead and he smiles, whispering back a goodnight.

The door softly closes behind him and as soon as I hear the lock turn, I leave. My phone buzzes with life and I scoff, shaking my head with a smile. He's so impatient.

I stumble through the dark streets, my mind is spinning with thoughts and my ears are aching but that doesn't stop me from blasting 'Heavenly' by Cigarettes after sex on loop. It's loud and hurting my head but the song reminds me of the boy I had in my arms only moments before.

I pull myself onto the small roof beneath my room with ease, a muffled groan leaving my mouth as I struggle to open my bedroom window, a confused head tilted towards me. She jumps up, meowing and eventually jumping onto the bedside table below the window. "Come on." I mumbled, pushing up the glass.

Eventually, it moved, and I was able to climb back into my room with a loud crash and a fall onto my head. I whine, my eyes closing as a hand reaches for my hair.

My head pounds, even more than before. The shooting pain travels from the left side of my head all the way down to my toes, making it almost unbearable. I push myself up, a hiss pushing itself out of my lips as I feel around for my bed. Patches wraps her tail around my leg and follows me around the darkness. My hand lands on the cold wood and latches on, refusing to let go until my body was safe on my mattress.

My knee lifts up and as soon as it lands on my mattress, I throw myself forward onto the cushioned bed. I let out a muffle of incoherent words and pushed myself up to lay my head on my pillows, my hand reaching into my pocket for my phone before placing it beside me and throwing my hoodie off and onto the floor. My hand feels around for my phone, and as soon as it's turned on my eyes squint at the light.

Unread messages from both George and Sapnap flood my notifications. Sapnap is mainly talking about some crazy dream he had before he finishes the conversation with himself with a 'gn bro ily', while George is sending the most random shit.

It starts with a simple, 'I miss you already', and then the picture of me in my boxers holding the bananas. 'Are you home yet?' He sends next, before repeating the same words in the next 7 messages, each one only being minutes apart. He sends a picture of himself holding a banana with the caption, 'I wish you'd come hold my banana </3'. I choke at the one, a laugh escaping my previously bitten lips.

I answered Sapnap first, wishing him a goodnight with a simple 'love you'. Then, I move onto George's little rant session.

'I wasn't even gone that long', I decide on using. He opens it almost instantly, the typing bubble appearing and disappearing at least 4 times before he sends a picture of his empty banana skin. What the fuck am I supposed to say to that?

I didn't need to answer, because moments later a facetime call takes over my screen, a reflection of my almost pitch black room filling the screen. I answer, only to be greeted by George's ceiling. He picks his phone up almost instantly, the handle of a toothbrush hanging out his mouth.

"You didn't want to wait until after you'd brushed your teeth?" I ask. George hums an attempt of words before sucking in the piece of toothpaste starting to drip down his lip. "Camera." He tilts his head back to talk before grabbing the toothbrush. I roll onto my side. "My camera is on." He looks at the camera before placing his phone onto the sink counter.

He spits into the sink before continuing to brush his teeth. He rinses his toothbrush and taps it against the side of the sink before dropping it into a small cup with a 'clink'. "Okay." He coughs, forearm reaching over his mouth. I rest my phone up against a small bump in my blanket before tucking my arms under the blanket to keep me as warm as possible.

"I'm bored." George whispers, his bathroom light clicking off as he leaves the room. "Are you calling me boring?" I ask, fake offence lacing my voice. "Yes." He answers, eyes glancing at the phone in his hand. My jaw drops in the darkness of my room. Wow. George closes what I assume to be his bedroom door and groans as he falls backwards onto a mattress. "Lay with me." He holds his phone above his face with a fake pout. "No, I'm warm." George scoffs, rolling onto his side.

He falls silent, eyes trained onto the screen of his phone. His lips are tilted into a faint smile, eyes glittered with the light of his own reflection. "I had fun tonight." He admits. His voice is small, quiet, and his eyes look up to meet the camera instead of the screen. "Yeah." I breathe out. I smile too, even though he can't see me. "I did too." I finished. My cheeks tint a flushed red, my teeth biting back my bottom lip to hold back a smile.

I can't tell if he's about to laugh or cry. His eyes glisten, a sweet smile stuck to his face like a piece of gum to hair. He blinks, a single tear rolling down his cheek. My heart twists. "Why are you crying?" I ask. George wipes his eyes with his free hand. "I don't- I just haven't been this happy in a while." He thanks me, phone moving away from his face to hide his now watering eyes.

"You don't need to thank me." I scoff. He's done more for me than I have for him. Without him I'd be hiding in a park, lips blue and quivering with a bottle of alcohol in my hand. I'd probably freeze to death if I had stayed out all night.

"I'm glad we met." He brings the phone back in front of his face. His eyes are red and glossed over, as well as his cheeks and nose shining with tears. He smiles anyway, the action instantly lighting the room. "Even if it didn't seem like it at first." I let out a fond laugh. "I'm happy we met too, George."

WC: 1509