Part 14

//Abuse!! It isn't large or the main base of this chapter but it is included so stay safe

My dad yells at me to stop talking, his arm held up and pointing at the door a few feet away from us. I press my lips into a thin line, eyes kept on the floor in an attempt to avoid making my dad angrier. "Stop being so difficult and move!" He snaps. I nod, shuffling my way towards the open door. Patches meows at my feet, tail entwined with my legs as she dances around for food. I smile at her slightly. She'll realise her bowl is full soon enough.

My dad pushes her aside with his foot and I turn, eyes wide and jaw hung open in anger. "What the fuck?" I push him back, my hands gripping onto his shoulders with a painful grip. "Move." He demands. I push him again until he stumbles back and falls over the edge of the stairs. His head falls back against one of the stairs, creating a loud crash. My attention turns to the hiding cat, her body shaking and curled into itself beneath one of the stools.

I crouch down, hand reaching out to let her smell it. She moves back, a quiet meow following after. "You're okay." I whisper. I shuffle forward slightly, pushing my hand closer to her. She pauses before moving forward, rubbing her head against my hand. I sigh in relief, my fingers reaching to scratch behind her ears.

My collar is tugged back and I fall back onto the floor with a choked cough. My dad glares down at me, eyes full of anger and hatred. His boot meets the back of my head and I'm forced up into a sitting position, my head aching and burning with pain. I open my mouth, desperate to make any sound of pain. Nothing comes out and I screw my eyes shut to avoid Patches' scared eyes.

"Get up, Clay." His hand latches onto my collar before tugging me up. "You're lucky I don't beat the life out of you." He scoffs, pushing me away. I catch myself, eyes forcing open. "Fuck you." I spit. "Car." He turns on his heel and leaves, heels crashing against the floor with more force than I've ever seen him use before. I pull my hand away from my head before bringing it in front of my face. My hand shakes but there's no blood. Good. I close my fist and look at the door before sucking in a breath and following my dad to the car.

The car ride is silent. My hand constantly reaches back to press at the spot my dad kicked before I decide to stop being so paranoid and I tuck it between my legs. My dad occasionally glares at me through the mirror, incoherent words being mumbled as he aggressively changes the gear. The car engine pauses and he sits back, eyes focused on me.

"Get out." I throw my car door open, my free hand reaching around to get my seatbelt. My body is half way out of the car when I freeze, head turning to look through his open window. "I don't think being abusive is very religious, by the way. I guess we'll be seeing each other in hell." His face twists into a scowl and I slam my door shut and leave before he decides to get out and beat my ass.

George is standing at the entrance with Karl, the two are laughing at something the other said and I pause, feeling a warm breeze on the bottom of my nose. My hand reaches us and wipes the warm liquid away. "Shit." I mumble. I look around, my hand dripping with blood from my nose. I cup my hand under my nose and push past Karl and George, my eyes darting around for the restroom.

"Dream?" I block the voice out, my eyes lighting up at the metal sign a few feet away from me. I press my back against the door and push it open, another drop of blood landing in my palm. George and Karl turn into the bottom of the hall, Karl's eyes landing on me before he starts pulling George over. I let the door slam behind me and lean my head over the sink, drops of blood instantly falling onto the clean surface.

I curse, my clean hand reaching for the faucet as the door swings open. "Hello?" Karl calls before George pushes the door open. We lock eyes through the mirror and I grin, my top row of teeth coated in the red liquid.

"Are you okay?" He hurries, dashing towards me as Karl reaches for the box of napkins hung on the wall. "Yeah, I'm good. I don't know what happened." I lied. George turns the faucet on and I push my hand under the cold water, watching the liquid slowly fade into a washed pink.

"Here." Karl holds a piece of tissue to my nose and I grip the paper, my head tilting down. "Message Sap?" I look at George, only to be met with a pair of confused eyes. "I'm not in the mood to be lectured on my sexuality or actions." I sigh. "Tell him to come pick us up and we'll go out somewhere." George nods before taking out his phone.

"Do you need more?" Karl asks, a ball of squished napkins already ready in his hands. I shake my head and smile. "Thanks though." He smiles back before tossing the napkins into the trash can beside him.

"He said he'll be here soon." George tucks his phone away before pulling my hand away from my nose. "I think it's stopped now." He takes the napkins from my hand and throws them into the trash, rinsing his hands under the water moments after.

I splash the water over my face, sniffling slightly at the uncomfortable feeling. "Class is starting soon." Karl calls out, arms pulling the bathroom door open and shut. I shake the water off of my hand. "Don't go. Come out with us, if you want." I offer and the brunette pauses at my words.

He shrugs. "Yeah, whatever." He beams, starting to swing on the door again.

It doesn't take long for Sapnap to be parked outside the church, his car blaring the most inappropriate song he could find. Karl runs to the passenger side, claiming shotgun before George and I even get the chance to process the seats. I don't complain, instead I get a smaller hand wrapped around my wrist as he pulls me towards the car.

"Dreamyboy!" Sapnap calls out. His windows are rolled down and I flip him off before pulling the back door open. Sapnap peeks out of his car window, his eyes locking onto George's hand around my wrist. He smirks and nods at me before sitting properly in his seat. "Where are we going?" Karl asks, hands rummaging around Sapnap's crate of sealed monsters. George pulls the door closed next to him and I grab onto the side of Karl's seat, leaning forward slightly to say, "Wherever we want."

George's hand rests on my thigh, as if my wrist wasn't enough and he squeezes onto the skin every time Sapnap skids around a corner. "Woo!" He cheers, hands raising off of the wheel to let the car speed forward in the empty car park. Karl laughs, reaching forward to take control of the wheel while Sapnap starts singing. He takes the wheel back off of Karl and slowly brings the car to a stop, breathing heavily as he grins into the mirror facing me.

"You two seem close today. Anything special going on?" He teases, causing George's hand to instantly retract into his own lap. "No?" George frowns. "I'm not gay, I thought you knew that." I glance at the fakely disgusted boy before shrugging at Sapnap. "Maybe he's just scared of your terrible driving." I joke. Sapnap's eyebrows raise, his engine roaring as he grips the wheel again. "We'll see who's a terrible driver." He scoffs, and then he's pulling out of the car park.

WC: 1362