Cutie Patooties

141 had gone out to a bar to celebrate a "successful" mission, if you could even call it that. Sitting at a table across from König was Spade, drunkenly laughing with Soap and Gaz about God knows what. There was too much talking and the music was far too loud for him to really understand. He just stared at Spade, thinking about how much of a delight he was during missions. He'd joke with Soap or König over comms to keep himself and the others somewhat calm. Sometimes König would remember the jokes and retell them.

"Hey Klaus, I think König's staring at ya." Soap said, gesturing over the masked man.

"Fuck off, Johnny. He's probably looking behind me or something." Spade retorted, taking a sip of whatever the hell Soap had gotten him. Didn't tell him, and he doesn't wanna know.

Soap lightly hit Spades shoulder, a wordless way of telling him to shut up.

"He's been staring at you a lot recently, kinda weird if ya ask me." Gaz chimed in, chuckling towards the end of his sentence.

Soap nodded, "Hey, how 'bout I go ask him about it so you don't have to? What do ya think of that, Spade?"

"No, no. I doubt it's anything. You asking would just make it weirder, honestly." Spade laughed. "If anything I should ask."

"Be my guest, Newbold."

Spade stood, giggling slightly as he walked towards where König was sat.

König was pulled out of his thoughts suddenly by Spade taking a seat across from him, tapping on his hand he had resting on the table.

"It's rude to stare, y'know." Spade said, staring dead into the others eyes.

König was left dumbfounded for a moment, mind just going blank. He hadn't even said anything vaguely attractive yet it made his head spin.

"Oh, sorry sir. I didn't mean to..." He murmured, his voice getting impossibly quieter near the end. Spade laughed a bit, moving his hand away and going to stand back up.

"Come sit with us big guy! No reason for you to be alone, we're celebrating!" Spade said, waiting for König to stand up and walk with him. He had been alone for the majority of the night. Ghost had been sitting with him for a bit but inevitably left to talk to Price.

Spade practically dragged König to his table even though he was a full foot shorter than him. Spade called out to Soap and Gaz, almost shoving König into a seat next it himself. The table was brought back to life by Spades presence and the joking and laughter continued.

König spaced out, enjoying the atmosphere but not really wanting to engage in the conversation. His mind wandered and he thought back to when Spade had broken his arm and had to go home for a few months. He didn't have any family to go to, so he decided to take König along with him.
König assumes Price was just in a good mood or Spade had bribed him, cause the chances of Price being willing to give up two of his soldiers for a few months were minimal.

König had a flat in Austria that he let Spade stay with him at. There had been only one bedroom and everytime König said he'd just sleep on the couch, Spade gave him the same reply.

"What if I need something during the night and you aren't there?"

Spade was lying, but he'd never tell König that. He just wanted to stay close to stay close to König, in all honesty.

Spade realized König was staring at him again, this time it was much more noticeable though. He nudged the taller with his elbow, not wanting to stop the conversation. König apologized softly after realizing what he was doing and focused on the conversation again. From what he could tell they were talking about past missions, good and bad. Spade suddenly looked over to König and smiled, wrapping an arm around him.

"But König helped me patch the wound. He's great at doing that kind of stuff under pressure, yknow?" Spade leaned into König a bit. His face flushed underneath the hood he wore. He nodded faintly and Spade leaned back to his original spot, his arm still wrapped tightly around him. König tried to pay attention to what they were saying but he just couldn't. He was too distracted by the blond next to him chatting about anything and everything that came to mind.

After what felt like an eternity, Spade yawned and told the team he was headed back to base. Spade laughed when he realized König was leaving with him, sticking close behind him. Spade reached out a hand towards König, offering to hold his hand. König was cautious, but took his offer, walking almost directly next to Spade. Their arms were touching as the walked in a comfortable silence.

---------------

Spade kicked open the door to his room, much to Königs dismay. He tore off his jacket and threw it on the back of his chair, falling onto his bed with a small "oof." König looked at him, worry clear in his eyes.

König sat down on the edge of the shorters bed, kicking of his boots and throwing his sweater atop Spades jacket. Spade turned onto his back, looking up at the ceiling. He sat up slowly, gesturing for König to hug him. König accepted the offer, hugging him tightly, almost too tight. Spade wheezed, feeling like he was being crushed by the taller man. König lessened the grip he had ok the blond and leaned back to look at him. He had hazel eyes that faded into a green in the middle, eye bags, freckles littered across his nose and cheeks, and bleached blond hair with the dark roots showing. There was something so mesmerizing about the shorter man. König couldn't explain it.

Spade moved his hand underneath König's sniper hood, holding his face. He smiled at him softly, leaning into his chest. They stayed like that for a while, just enjoying each other's presence. Spade looked up to the clock on his nightstand, it was late. He was surprised they rest of 141 wasn't back by now. He leaned back to lay down, letting go of König.

König just spoke to him about his childhood, missions, old friendships, anything he could think of. After a bit Spade dozed off. König smiled softly. He couldn't quite explain how he felt about Spade. He liked him, that's the best way to put it. They both knew it was stupid to become friends with others in their line of work, buy neither truly cared. They cared about each other, that's all that mattered to them.