All I ever wanted, all I ever needed is here in my arms.

Spade stirred awake and quickly noticed he was unbelievably thirsty. Every breath he took hurt his throat an unreasonable amount. He weakly sat up and kicked his blanket off of him before standing up. He slipped on his mask and stretched before he stumbled out of his room and walked through the halls aimlessly, still half awake and not remembering where he was going. After a moment he remembered he was getting water and hurried to the kitchen. 

König leaned against the counter and sipped his water, his sniper hood pulled above his nose just so he could drink. He enjoyed the abnormal silence of the base. Normally there was laughter and commotion from the common room or gym, but tonight it was silent. Maybe Ghost had scared the recruits? He brushed ot off as just a lucky night and took another sip. He jumped when Spade stumbled into the kitchen and quickly pulled his hood back down. Spade didn't even seem to notice the tallers presence, just ignoring him as he opened the fridge and pulled out a water bottle.

König set down his water and cleared his throat, scaring Spade and making him turn around violently. König put his hands up defensively before chuckling. Spade let out a yawn and flipped him off, lifting himself to sit on the counter across from König.

"Didn't know you were up." Spade mumbled as he rubbed his eyes. König hummed before noticing that Spade couldn't open his water bottle. He quickly took it from the shorter and opened it before passing it back to him, giggling slightly at him. Spade set his water bottle next to him and glared at the taller. "Don't fucking laugh at me, I just woke up."

König chuckled and covered his mouth despite his hood being on. "I did too, sergeant. I think you just need to train more."

Spade rolled his eyes and went to pull his mask down before remembering that König was still there. König noticed and frowned. He leaned next to Spade and covered his eyes with his hand. Spade looked at him with confusion and cocked his head to the side.

"You can take off your mask. Swear I will not look." König said, looking away to ensure he wouldn't see. Spade smiled and pulled his mask down before chugging half of his water. He let out a sigh and pulled his mask back up before hitting Königs arm. The taller looked back to Spade and smiled.

"My throat hurts like hell, think I might be sick." Spade murmured, letting out a cough and doubling over. König jumped away before patting Spades back. He ran his hand up and down as an attempt to calm him and tried to think of what to say.

"It's winter, you'll be fine. It's just the cold." König said in an attempt to soothe him. Spade looked up to him and chuckled before shrugging. He leaned back and hit his head on one of the cabinets with a thud. König winced and checked that he was OK. They stayed silent for awhile, just enjoying the rare quiet of the base and drinking water. Spade craned his neck up and looked to König.

"...You ever wonder what I look like?" He asked quietly. "Like, why I wear the mask and stuff?"

König shrugged. "I guess. Do you wonder what I look like?"

"Oh absolutely." Spade quickly replied. He sat up and leaned closer to König. "No fucking way you're ugly. You gotta be cute with a voice like that!" He jokingly said. König let out a quiet laugh and shook his head.

"No, no. I'm not that attractive." König mumbled, blushing underneath his sniper hood. Spade scoffed and smiled.

"Only one way to find out, huh?" He jokingly asked. König turned away and slipped his hand underneath his hood to cover his mouth. He looked over to Spade again and nodded.

"Only if you take your mask off."

"Obviously. I know your mask means a lot, like mine does. That's just disrespectful to not show you my face."

König reached a hand up to hold the hem of his hood and Spade grabbed his mask. Spade giggled. "On 3, alright? 1, 2, 3."

Spade pulled his mask down first, but König hesitated. Spade grabbed the tallers hand and made him lift his hood before smiling at seeing his face. König was shocked by Spades face. He wasn't ugly, not at all. He had some bad scars, but he was still pretty! Spade was enamored by König. He stared at him as a smiled creeped onto his face. 

"You're fucking gorgeous!" Spade whisper-yelled. He placed a hand over his heart and frowned. "Can't believe you tried to convince me you weren't attractive."

König let go of his hood and was going to let it fall back over his face but Spade quickly grabbed it. König covered his mouth and chuckled. "You are pretty as well, Spade."

Spade smiled wildly and his eyes seemed to light up. "Thanks, big guy!"

König glanced to the clock on the microwave and pulled Spades hand away. He let his hood fall over his face and pulled Spades mask up for him before grabbing his empty water bottle and tossing it in the trash. Spade blushed underneath his mask and his smile grew impossibly wider. König looked over to Spade and stared at him expectantly. "It's 0100, Spade."

Spade jumped down from the counter and tossed his water bottle before happily walking next to König. Their rooms were right next to eachother, 112 and 111. Spade went to give König a hug but hesitated. König sighed and picked the shorter up, holding his close. Spade wheezed and König gently set his back down before waving to him. He pulled his hood back up and smiled, watching as Spade stumbled over opening his door because of him.