You may not like it, but you better learn how.

Spade sat up abruptly and quickly glanced around his and Königs room. It was too warm, the blanket was tangled around his legs, his hair felt dirty, he felt his teeth in his mouth, he was suddenly aware of his bones scraping against eachother, it was all too much. He jumped out of bed and rushed into the bathroom. He didn't even bother to undress or wait for the water to warm before stepping into the freezing water of the shower. He dug his nails into his arms and neck, letting out small winces when he broke skin and the water hit the fresh wounds. He slid down the wall and sat on the tile. He was acutely aware of every little thing going on around him.
The water pouring over him.
The wind howling outside.
The sound of his breathing.
His wet clothes clinging to his skin.
It all bothered him to no end.
He peeled off his shirt and tossed his over the showers glass door, jumping at the sound it made when it hit the floor. The water finally got warmer and Spade felt his already overly warm body get to almost overheating. He reached up and adjusted the water so it was room temperature. He felt water drip down his face and couldn't quite tell if it was tears or the shower. He suddenly hear the bed creak and cursed under his breath. He had woken up König again and he didn't even know how early it was. The glass fogged over and Spade couldn't really see, but he saw Königs figure stumble into the doorframe.
"Klaus?" He sleepily called out. Spade hummed and König sighed. "Thank fuck, I was worried you'd fell asleep in the shower again."
König walked to the shower before sitting against the door and craning his neck to look behind him. Spade backed away and pulled his knees even closer to his chest, making König look away.
"What's got you upset now, Maus?" König quietly asked, his voice raspy from just waking up. Spade pressed a finger to the foggy door and wrote 'too much' in it. König glanced behind him and chuckled. "I can't read backwards, Engel."
Spade sighed and wrote it again, this time attempting to write it backwards. König nodded and hummed.
"Alright. You feel like talking? Just write yes or no, okay?"
Spade wrote 'no' in the fog and looked to König.
"Alright, that makes this a bit more difficult. Hm. What's bothering you? Give me specifics."
'Wind. Temperature. Clothes. Everything.'
"Got it. I can adjust the heater if you want. And you don't have to wear clothes, we're in our own home. I can't fix the wind, though. Es tut mir leid, Engel."
Spade sighed and pressed his hand onto the door. König noticed and placed his in the same spot. Spade wrote on the door again. 
'Nein. I like the warm water right now, don't.'
König hummed and moved to sit across from the shower.
"This is inconvenient for both of us, Maus."
'Es tut mir leid.'
König chuckled.
"You always write so, what's the word? Proper! You write so proper, even now."
Spade nodded. König could faintly see him through the fog and smiled before looking down to the floor. Spade drew a smiley face and a, in all honesty, shitty drawing of König with his hood on with a heart next to it. 
"Aw. Danke meine Liebe."
'Of course.'
"Hm, you up to getting out yet?"
'Nein, bitte.'
König nodded and stood, walking out of the bathroom before calling out. "I'm going to get some breakfast for you. Take as long as you need!"
Spade nodded and sat with the water pouring over him for a bit longer. After maybe half an hour he stood on wobbly legs. He turned the water off and shuddered at the freezing air hitting his skin. He walked out of the bathroom and slipped out of his wet clothes before hurrying into their bedroom and putting on boxers and Königs sweatshirt along with his own shorts. He collapsed onto the bed and sat against the headboard. The light buzzed above him and he quickly turned it off. He never understood how König could work with the florescent light constantly buzzing.
König walked back into the bedroom with a plate and went to flip the light back on before Spade sat up and violently shook his head, waving his hands back and forth attempting to tell him not to. König stepped away from the light switch and handed Spade the plate. It just had eggs and fairy bread on it. He looked up at König disapprovingly before he smiled and blew him a kiss. König sat on the edge of the bed and happily watched as Spade slowly ate his food, wincing everytime a sprinkle brushed his teeth the wrong way. König reached a hand out and grabbed a slice of bread before happily eating it, scooting back and kicking his legs over the edge of the bed.
The moonlight peeked through their blackout curtains and faintly illuminated the room. König could barely see the light bounce off Spades wet hair and crooked nose. Spade glanced up and frowned when he caught König staring. He shook his head before smiling, his canines poking over his lip. König reached a hand up and paused just before holding Spades cheek.
"Can I?" He asked softly. Spade cocked his head to the side and looked at him confused before setting his plate on the bedside table. "Kiss you, Klaus. Can I kiss you?"
Spades eyed grew wide when he processed when König said. He thought for a moment before slowly nodding. König leaned down a gently kissed Spade. He pulled away after a moment and ran a hand through his hair.
"You should rest." König whispered before picking Spade up and moving him to lay down. Spade whined and shook his head quickly. König placed a hand over his mouth and shook his head. "Rest, Klaus. It's 1 AM."
"But I just woke up!" Spade whined. His voiced was rough and quiet from the lack of use. König chuckled and kissed Spades forehead. 
"You've been up for, I'm not sure, 2 hours? Maybe 1 and a half. Plus, don't you have plans today? Rest, mein Engel."
Spade reluctantly rolled over and grabbed his discarded teddy bear before curling up into a ball and dozing off. König let out a quiet laugh. There was something so amusing about sergeant Klaus Newbold needing a stuffed bear to sleep and needing to be as small as possible all the time. It seemed so out of character if you only knew him from the task force. 
König walked to his side of the bed and laid next to Spade, staring up at the ceiling. He didn't let having to be away from Spade, even if it was just the shower door, especially if it was when he was upset. But he knew touching him or getting too close would make it worse. He learned all that already. It was just upsetting sometimes that he had to help him through a barrier.
König dozed off after a moment and he rolled over, wrapping an arm loosely around Spade, pulling him close.