Chapter 2

Padmé stood by her Queens right, mentally preparing herself for whoever would walk through those doors.

'Whoever they are they probably don't know or care about Vader', she kept telling herself, she couldn't break down during this.

The Queen of Naboo was dressed in an elegant dress stragtcially designed to store weapons. 6 handmaidens were on either side of her. The Queens most trusted allies, with Padmé closet to her out of all of them.

Each handmaiden had her face covered except for her eyes and each handmaiden was equipped with a blaster and a knife. The Empire was dangerous.

The sound of heavy boots echoed through the quiet castle, making Padme tremble slightly. The Empire was like no enemy Padme had ever faced before. The Empire was personal, it rooted her back further than she would ever care to admit. And the simple thought of it made her emotionally unstable and nauseated. She hated the Empire.

The huge elegantly carved doors opened slowly revealing 2 storm troopers. One was carrying a blaster and another was holding a holopad obviously about to read a message.

The metallic sound of an unknown voice speaking through a helmet filled the silent room, making everyone hold their breaths.

"We are here to inform you that the Empire has requested a private meeting with her majesty. This meeting is to discuss the political matters of Naboo. It is requested that her majesty attends alone but if she deems it necessary she may have one handmaiden".

Padme watched the Queen of Naboo out of the corner of her eye. If Apailana was scared she did an excellent job of hiding it. Her face was blank, not even Padme could detect a hint of emotion and she was well trained in that area.

"1 handmaiden isn't enough, I need at least 4 and 2 guards".

The storm trooper sighed, visibly slumping. "You will not be harmed during the session, we can only allow one handmaiden it is requested".

The voice sounded fake through the helmet as if it was a droid. Could the Empire be putting droids in amour? The idea seemed absurd. However, Padme liked it better than the more obvious explanation. That it was clones under that amour.

The Queen leaned forward her dress ruffling the slightest bit by the movement. "This is my planet why should I listen to what the Empire has requested?" This time her unemotional voice had a hint of anger, when it said the word Empire.

The storm trooper sounded annoyed now, definitely human Padme thought. And he wouldn't make a good politician with his impatience.

"Ma'am Lord Vader has requested it. I suggest you accept it, he will not react well to you defying his orders.  Lord Vader will meet you in your study in 10 minutes".

Padme could hear herself stop breathing. Had she heard correct? Lord Vader? VADER? Anakin? The lack of oxygen was getting to her brain. Thankfully the storm troopers had left before they could see Padme stumble. She was caught by her fellow handmaidens and brought to a chair.

"Lady Queme, are you alright?". Padmes vision was blurry and she couldn't identify the voice. Before she could even think of what to reply with the familiar commanding voice of her Queen filled the room.

"She will be fine. You must all leave now and prepare yourselves. The Empire may seem harmless now but they will not keep this peaceful way of communicating long".

Padmes vision cleared enough for her to see the other 5 hand maidens nod before exiting. "I will contact you if your needed". The Queen called before they left.

Padme watched the big beautiful doors close before she collapsed. Her last thoughts were on Anakin's face. She couldn't see him. She wouldn't see him.