Chapter 5

Padme was woken by the soft sounds of Luke and Leia. Both twins lay in the same bed as her both wrapped tightly in her arms.

Padme had never let them sleep in her bed before, she was a reasonable mother who knew it wasn't good for the twins but today would be the last time she would see the them in 5 days.

The longest she had ever been away from them was a couple of hours when she would go to the palace and preform her handmaiden duties.
K
soaking up a couple more moments with her children Padme kissed them both lightly on the head before scooping them up gently and placing them back in their cribs.

She had to survive Vader and the Empire, she had to make it through it for them.

Getting ready in her handmaiden attire Padme felt weird getting dressed here. She couldn't risk doing it in the castle with Vader and imperils roaming about everywhere it would be a stupid thing to do.

Padme's mom sat in her kitchen with a mug of tea. She had stayed the night and wanted to see her daughter off.

Padme took the tea gratefully gulping it down in 2 mouth fulls. Her mom laughed at her pulling out a chair for Padme to sit.

"That's not very Lady like" she joked taking the mug to pour Padme more tea. Padme smiled enjoying the feeling of a moment of happiness. "Or past Queen like either, if my super visors could see me now".

Her mom almost dropped the tea, clutching her chest with laughter. Padme loved seeing her mother like this. It made her remember that everyone could find happiness even in tragic times. She hated being a mood killer, but it was getting late and Vader wasn't a forgiving kind of Sith Lord.

"Mom..." she started uncertain how she would deliver what she wanted to say. Her mom had seated herself across for Padme she looked at her daughter with kind eyes nodding for her to continue.

"About the twins..." Her mom cut her off, much to Padme's relief she should have rehearsed what she was going to say.

"Don't worry about those two little bundles of joy. I'll be fine for the next 5 days and nights. If it's ok with you I would love to bring them home with me. Your father can't survive by himself for 5 days and he can help with the twins".

Padme nodded a smile creeping onto her face for a moment before she made herself serious again. "That's a wonderful idea mom.. but that's not what I wanted to talk to you about".

Her mom's smile disappeared recognizing her daughters expression. "What is it Padme?"

Padme sighed unable to keep it inside of her much longer. "There's a chance- Mom.. there's a chance I wont make it back... back for Luke and Leia".

Padme winced at the thought but she had to make sure her children will be safe. "Padme don't talk like that, I know the Empires here but you've made it this far without being discovered". Her moms voice was steady and her eyes offered reassurance.

Padme hated that she couldn't believe her. But she had to get the details down for her mom before she left. It was for the twins. It was time anyways for her mom to know the truth. Even if it was just part of it.

"Mom its not just the Imperials who are here. I'm Vader's personal handmaiden. There's a chance I'll be discovered or he may kill me out of anger".

Her mothers face dropped and Padme hated to make her mom look like that but she had to keep going.

"If the worst were to happen. You will be notified by Queen Apailana".

Her mom was shaking her head now but Padme had to keep going. "If the unspeakable happens. Luke and Leia won't be safe. I haven't been fully honest with you and dad. Their last name isn't Naberrie, its Skywalker".