Chapter 16

Padme sat there, shaking. What had just happened? Had she done something wrong?

No.

She'd kissed him. She'd kissed Anakin. And he had rejected her.

never.

never in their 3 years of marriage had he ever rejected a kiss from her. He'd welcomed them, with hungry lips of his own.

Yet here she sat, in a day and age where her husband was no longer the famous and loved Jedi Knight, he was no longer known as the chosen one, no longer the one prophecised to save the galaxy. He no longer came home from long missions, only to surprise her with gifts from all the planets he'd been to.

No.

Instead she sat on his bed. Not their bed. His bed. Alone.

She sat on a cruiser orbiting space because her husband was a feared Sith Lord who's temper was rumored to kill without a second thought.

She sat on this "Horrible man's bed" rejected.

Her.

Rejected.

He'd killed more innocents then she dared think about, he helped build and lead an Empire who took from the poor and fed to the already rich. He terrorized the galaxy with his black robes, yellow eyes, cold expression and red lightsaber. Disinterested in the consequences his actions had for others.

And she'd found it in herself to admit she still felt something for him, even if she hadn't verbally confined him in it. She'd shown him with actions. She'd known there was place for forgiveness in her heart even for someone with the cruelty she'd witnessed him execute.

She knew it would take time and saving the galaxy but she knew there was the slightest hope they could make it.

But most importantly she knew that she had kissed him. Twice. Willingly.

And now she sat alone, on his bed, rejected.

She'd done nothing wrong and he had left her, not even explaining why he hadn't returned her kiss.

She'd seen it in his eyes these past couple of days, seen how much he still cared for her, how much he cared for the twins.

She hadn't wanted to admit it but she had seen the way he's eyes would linger on her lips, as if they were the most interesting thing in the room. And she had noticed the way he looked at her when he thought she wasn't looking.

He'd become better at hiding his feelings, hiding what he was thinking and being cold. But still when it was just the two of them in a room, there was an undeniable tension.

And she had been in denial about it. Telling herself she had imagined it, that even if it was true she didn't care, it didn't affect her.

She'd fed herself all these lies until she finally admitted she wanted to kiss this, physco, good looking, , blue eyed, mass murderer, cruel, Sith Lord.

And he rejected her.

It finally sunk in. What had happened just moments ago wasn't fair, it wasn't right.

After all the things Anakin had done, after all the things he'd put her through, he had no right to do this to her. At least not without an explanation.

All Padme's confusion, all her sorrow all her sympathies, become consumed, like they never existed in the first place.

All she felt now was anger. And it was ugly.

Even in a normal setting what he had just done was considered cruel. He was being an ass.

Padme's eyes drew to the door, she knew what she had to do. She had to go out their and confront him, yell at him until the whole ship shook.