Chapter 13

Padme finished feeding Leia before Anakin returned, the thought frighting to her.

Changing Luke shouldn't have taken this long.

Wondering through the ship with a fussy Leia in her arms Padme realised this small cruiser was a lot larger than she had incially thought.

Not only did it contain multiple refreshers, rooms with bunks, a kitchen and a lounge room. But an office and a room with a black door locked and heavily secured.

Padme couldn't help but feel slightly sick, this was clearly Vader's room. The fact that it was so heavily secured made her anxious.

The last room she discovered, however, was the most shocking one. The rooms door was white, not preparing Padme at all for what she found inside.

The room had netual wallpaper with a soft carpet floor. It held a crib and a changing table, as well as toys as far as the eye could reach.

Anakin was busy tying up a plastic bag while Luke was happily sitting in a baby swing.

The whole site was so surreal and unbelievable Padme found it hard to stand.

Leaning against the wall she cleared her throat, making her presence known to the Sith Lord who was now staring at his son.

"Padme! I didn't see you". Anakin turned, his face flushed.

Padme still couldn't comprehend her surroundings. "What's... what's all this?". She mastered waving her hand around.

Anakin turned a slight shade of red, his eyes staring hard at the floor.

"It's a baby room".

"Well obviously". Padme paused before asking, not sure if she wanted the answer. "Why do you have a Baby room on your cruiser Anakin?"

Anakin turned a darker shade of red, his eye sight remaining on the carpet. However he didn't answer, something that infuriated Padme.

"Anakin. You have cribs, a changing table a whole GODAMN room. Why?"

Anakin was trembelling now, visibily taking in a deep breath he looked Padme in the eye for the first time since she entered the room his face pained.

"Unlike you, I wasn't told straight away that you had 'died'".

He paused as if to reassure himself it was ok and he could keep talking. "When I got of Mustafa I was carried on a stretcher because of the scar Obiwan gave me. I couldn't walk. And I was suspended to a hospital bed".

Padme winced while Anakin spoke, being stuck in a hospital bed with no one around is harsh on its own, but Anakin? Forced to stay in bed even when he was awake? That seemed like pure torture for someone like him.

Anakin was still talking and Padme focused her attention on him. "Palpatine didn't visit me before I'd been there for days. It was just me a medical droid and holo pad that I had been given. I was crippled physically not mentally, the Empire expected to work".

Anakin took another shaky breath as if the last part was hard to say. "I ordered this cruiser for myself custom made, It was on a checklist the Emperor had left on the pad for me to do. Even though you see me as this all "Evil Sith Lord", I still thought of our family first. I had this made so our family could travel comfortably while I went on mission, so we would'nt be separated for long periods of time".

Padme didn't know what to say. Part of her wanted to hug Anakin and kiss that pained look off his face. Part of her felt warm that he thought of her and their family. In his own sick twisted way, he thought of them all being together while he went on awful missions.