~One~

"Kendal!" My dad yelled, from the kitchen. "Wake up! It's your first day of school!"
I groaned and got out of bed. I quickly took a shower and blow dried my hair. I put on some mascara and blush, then changed into my ripped blue jeans and a white t-shirt and my vans.

 I put on some mascara and blush, then changed into my ripped blue jeans and a white t-shirt and my vans

Your outfit^

I grabbed my backpack. "I'm leaving!"
"Have a good day." My dad called back.
I used to take the bus with Miguel everyday, because were neighbors, but now that he's at the highschool, he walks to school.
I plugged in my earbuds and walked to the bus stop, listening to music. I got on the bus and sat in my usual seat in the back next to Lia.
"Hey Kendal," she said cheerfully.
"Hey Lia." I said.
"Let me see your schedule." She asked, and I handed it over.
"Oh sweet!" She said. "We have all but two classes together."
"Awesome!" I replied.
Just then, I looked out the window to see a kid dancing. He had headphones in, and clearly didn't see the bus coming. He must me new, I thought.
"Hey do you know him?" I asked Lia.
"No," she said. "He must be new." I nodded.
The bus driver honked at the kid and he jumped in fright, before getting in the bus, clearly embarrassed.
"Hey kid! What's that dance called, the loser limbo?" Someone yelled from the back. I kneeled on the seat to see who said it, Lia doing the same. It was a boy with curly blonde hair. He was laughing with his friends at the new kid.
"No," another guy chimed in. "I think it's called the im trying not to shit my pants dance." They all laughed again. I glanced over to see who said it.
Woah, I thought. It was Anthony LaRusso. And man, did he have a glow up. He was hot. Like really hot. He had brown fluffy hair and pretty brown eyes. His smile was the prettiest smile I've ever seen. Obviously I had seen him in years past, but he had never been that good looking.
Lia snapped me out of my trance when she spoke. "Hey!" She called at the boys. "Knock it off."
We both kneeled on the seats so they could see us. Anthony stared at me with a smirk, and I felt my stomach doing backflips.
The blonde kid laughed. "Or what?"
I shot him a glare. "Or I'll kick your ass."
"Ooh, I'm so scared." The blonde kid said sarcastically. I rolled my eyes and flicked him off, before sitting back down.
"Ugh there so annoying." Lia said.
"Little pricks!" I agreed.
Lia blushed. "Anthony's kind of cute though."
I looked at her in shock. "Oh my god Lia! Do you like him!"
"Pfft." She said. "No way."
I didn't believe her. And she was right. Anthony was cute, but I wasn't going to admit it.

~

When we got to school, I walked in with Lia. We had first period science together. We walked into the class, and everyone was crowded around the door. The teacher was giving out seating assignments.
"Okay." Said my science teacher, Mr. Johnson. "I'm going to call your name and where you sit. Please sit down and take out your notebooks." He pointed to a desk and started reading off names. "Lia Walker, Zach smith." I winced. I felt bad for her. That was the curly haired kid from the bus.
"Behind them, we have Kendal Lawrence, and Anthony LaRusso."
I internally groaned. I glanced at Anthony and he winked at me. I felt my face heating up, so I brushed it off, and walked over and sat down.
I was talking to Lia while the teacher continued reading off names. I'm glad I was still close to Lia.
"Hey, Lawrence," Anthony asked.  "Do you have a pencil?"
I sighed. "You seriously came to class without a pencil?"
He smirked. "Obviously, or I wouldn't be asking you for one."
I rolled my eyes and handed him an extra pencil. "Smart ass," I muttered under my breath.
"What was that princess?" Anthony asked, tilting his head to the side.
I blushed at the nickname. "Don't worry about it, LaRusso."
He opened his mouth to respond, but Mr. Johnson started class. I smirked at him, before turning my attention to the front.

~

At the end of science, he passed me back my pencil. "Thanks for letting me borrow it."
I gave a small smile. "Yep."
He smiled at me, then walked away to catch up with Zach. As I was walking with Lia, I went to put my pencil in my bag, when I noticed a small strip of paper wrapped around it. When I pulled it off the pencil and unrolled it, there was a phone number on it with a message.

Sorry about what happened on the bus. And thanks for the pencil. Oh, and I expect a text.
213-457-4874

~Anthony

Oh. My. God. Anthony LaRusso gave me his number. I couldn't help but smile at the note as I walked to second period, which was history. I put the note in the pocket of my jeans and went to history, which I didn't have with Lia.
He gave us seating assignments, and I had to sit next to Zach, Anthony's friend.
I didn't say a word as I sat down next to him. He wasn't exactly my favorite person.
"Your the girl from the bus right?" He said.
"Mhm." I said.
"You know, flicking people off isn't very nice." He said with a smirk.
"Try telling that to someone that actually cares." I said.
He laughed. "Your funny, we should hang out sometime."
"No thanks." I said.
"Aw come on. Surely a pretty girl like you would want to hang out with me." He said and winked.
I wanted to throw up. "Leave me alone."
"I'll wear you down eventually." He winked again and turned to the teacher.
I sighed. This was going to be a long day.