~Seventeen~

Anthony's POV:

Me and Lia are waiting for Kendal and Kenny to come back from getting some drinks.
"Did you know?" I asked Lia. "You know, about Robby?"
"Well, yeah." She said. "She told me not to tell you guys."
"But why wouldn't she tell me?" I said, running a hand through my hair.
"Maybe she didn't want to tell you because she thought it would change the way you see her?" Lia suggested, walking over to me.
I snorted. "Believe me, nothing can change the way I see her."
"Yeah. I know." Lia said. I noticed a sharp edge to her voice, bitterness?
I glanced over to her, surprised. "Wha—"
"Oh come on Anthony," she said, raising her voice. "Why can't you see that I like you!"
I didn't know what to say. Lia had always been overly friendly, even before I met Kendal. But I had never liked her like that, we were friends.
"Lia I—" I started, but she cut me off.
"I know you love her," she said quietly. "But I can't let you go."
She started to lean in, and I took a step back.
"What d'you mean?" I asked her, getting nervous. I don't like her, but I don't want to hurt her feelings.
She didn't reply. In one swift motion, she pressed her lips against mine.
Once I recovered from the shock, I immediately pushed her away.
"Look, Lia, I'm sorry, but I . . . You know I like Kendal, I . . ."
She looked at the ground, ashamed. "Im sorry. I shouldn't have done that. I just . . . I really like you. But . . ." She covered her mouth with her hand. "Oh my god. Kendal, she saw us. You have to find her and tell her you like her. Now."
"Wait, why?" I said, confused.
"She just saw her best friend kiss the guy she's in love with! You have to fix this."
"Guy shes in love with? Wha—" I started.
"Anthony, just go. Find her." Lia said urgently.

Kendals POV:

I didn't stay long enough to see Anthony's reaction to Lia's kiss. I knew that if he kissed her back, I was going to throw up. I turned around and walked away, but I could stop the tears from spilling over.
I knew I shouldn't have been jealous, Anthony can date whoever he wants.
But does it have to be Lia? I thought, then immediately pushed it away, ashamed. And then I got angry, because my best friend had just kissed the guy that she knew I liked when we were on a double date, and Anthony was not her date, he was mine. But then I also felt sad because Anthony didn't stop her.
I was in such a whirlwind of emotion, I didn't notice that it had started raining. Not even raining, it had started pouring.
I heard Anthony yelling my name, but I ignored him. I was angry at him, and at Lia, at the world, really. But I was also worried that if I talked to him, all my feelings were going to come spilling out and I was scared of what he would say.
"Kendal!" Anthony yelled. "Please, hear me out!"
That just made me more angry. Two people had said that phrase to me, and both had screwed me over.
So here we were. Standing in an almost empty parking lot while it was pouring rain. We were both soaking wet, and I was trying my best not to cry. Everything came flooding out of me, I had no control.
"Why," I said whipping around to face him. "Why should I listen to anything you have to say?"
"I—" he started, but I cut him off.
"No," I said, choking back a sob. "Do you know how hard it is, to see your best friend kissing the guy your in love with? There. I said it. I'm in love with you. And I know I shouldn't care because your allowed to date whoever you want, but I can't. I can't not care. And I hate myself for wishing that it would be anyone but Lia, but I can't help it."

Anthony's POV:

"Kendal!" I yelled. "Please, hear me out!"
It was pouring rain, and we were standing in an almost empty parking lot.
"Why," she said, facing me. "Why should I listen to anything you have to say?"
"I—" I started, but she cut me off.
"No," She said. "Do you know how hard it is, to see your best friend kissing the guy your in love with? There. I said it. I'm in love with you."
That. That was all I needed to hear. I stopped listening after she said she loved me. How is it possible that this beautiful girl was in love with someone like me? At the moment it didn't matter. I was fighting off a smile as she rambled on.
"I know I shouldn't care because your allowed to date whoever you want, but I can't. I can't not care. And I hate myself for wishing that it would be anyone but Lia, but I can't help it." she finished.
The only thing running through my head was how pretty she looked, and how she said she loved me. I was snapped back to reality when she sighed.
"Say something, will you?" she said, obviously nervous. "I know that I kinda just dumped that on you and I'm sorry I just wanted you to know that I'm in love with you and if your going to date Lia now or something we can just pretend it never happened and—"
I tuned her out. I knew what I had to do. I quickly walked over to her and pressed my lips against hers.