~Eighteen~

I trailed off as Anthony walked over to me, a determined glint in his eyes.
"What are you—" I was cut off by his lips against mine.
The kiss was passionate, but gentle. His lips were soft, and I never wanted it to stop.
I wrapped my arms around his neck, playing with the hair at the base of his neck. His strong arms snaked around my waist, pulling me closer.
We pulled apart, both of us out of breath.
He leaned his forehead against mine and closed his eyes. "You have no idea how long i've wanted to do that." He said, his voice low and hoarse.
I laughed. "So, what now?"
"Kendal Lawrence, will you be my girlfriend?" Anthony asked, smirking.
I rolled my eyes, unable to wipe the grin off my face. "Duh." I glanced back to the entrance. "I suppose we should go find Lia and Kenny."
"Wow," Anthony said. "Your best friend kissed me when she knew you liked me, and your not mad?"
"Oh, I'm furious." I said. "But we can't just leave without telling them."
"I guess . . ." He trailed off, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly.
I turned back to him, confused. "What?"
"Well, we could go find them and relive all that awkward tension, or we could go back to my house and have our first official date?" He suggested shyly.
I smiled at him. "Definitely."
I texted Lia and told her that I was going to head home while Anthony called Sam and asked for ride.
She picked us up about ten minutes later. She was overly happy to know that we were together.
As soon as we got in the door, Anthony grabbed my hand and pulled me up to his room.
"So," he said. "What do you want to do?"
I smiled. "Watch a movie?"
He grinned. "I'll make popcorn."
He headed downstairs. I grabbed one of his sweatshirts from his closet and put it on, breathing in the comforting smell.
Anthony LaRusso is my boyfriend, I thought, unable to wipe the smile off my face.
I sat down on his bed and scrolled through the lists of movies, when he came in the rooms holding a bowl of popcorn.
He smiled when he saw me. "Stealing my sweatshirts now, I see."
I smirked. "Get used to it LaRusso."
He plopped down next to me, setting the bowl between us. "What are we watching?"
I glanced over to him hesitantly. "Scream?"
He stared at me. "Isn't that scary?"
"Well, yeah." I said, smiling. "That's the point."
"Okay, yeah." He sighed, plastering a smile on his face, but he couldn't quite hide the fear. "Let's do it."
I pressed play, and we started watching the movie. I looked over at Anthony a few minutes later. His face was buried into my shoulder, and his eyes were squeezed shut.
I laughed and moved closer to him. "You okay?"
He opened his eyes. "Never better."
I laughed again and pulled him closer. I ran my hands through his hair, twirling his curls through my fingers.
"You know," he hummed. "Last time you did that you were completely wasted."
I grinned. "I try not to think about it."
"Why?" He asked, looking up at me. "You got to spend the night with me."
I sighed. "It's not that. That night after prom at the after party, me and Robby had a big fight. I just wanted to forget. So I drank. It was really stupid of me."
He stared at me, his eyes full of concern. "Why didn't you tell me? That he was your brother?"
Suddenly I was holding back tears. "He was my best friend. And he abandoned me. When I found out he was here, I freaked out. He came up to me at the fair to try to make things right. I'm willing to give it a shot."
His arms snaked around me, pulling me close. "I'm here."
We laid there, arms around each other for what felt like forever.
"Anthony?" I said.
"Yeah?" He said softly.
"I love you." I whispered.
"I love you too." He said, kissing the top of my head. "I'll always be here."